1. I'm feeling ANTSY. We just turned in the first draft of THE HUSH FUND and now we wait. I'm just not sure I'll ever get used to the waiting. The truth is, it never gets any easier. I'm not a patient person and when we finish a manuscript I crave instant feedback.
2. Being antsy makes me want to do crazy things. Suffice it to say, I'm driving Laura nuts right now with new ideas and overall angst regarding the state of our writing career. She loves it.
3. My Kindle is stuffed with amazing books and we have the massive Roecker Hilton Head vacation coming up. What are the chances that I'll have time to read in a house with 7 children under the age of 7? Slim to none and yet I can't stop loading books on my Kindle.
4. We have a couple of THE LIES THAT BIND ARCs to give away, but we're struggling to figure out the best way to do the honors. We want something fun, yet epic. Also PINTEREST. So, yeah. Any suggestions would be welcome.
5. We've decided that there should be a law against family members and friends or really anyone you know in real life, reading your book. It's just too hard to have people you love read something you wrote. It matters too much and then it ends up being weird and awkward and ugh.
6. Are you a writer? Have you entered the WriteOnCon/Reading Room Contest of Awesome? If the answer is no, then you are dead to me. You could win $1,000 and the opportunity to work with amazing literary agent Catherine Drayton! Seriously, what are you waiting for?
7. I'm feeling extra sensitive lately. You know when sometimes you tweet something @ someone you kinda/sorta know on the internet and then that someone ignores you? It makes me feel like the BIGGEST LOSER EVER. I also know that we've probably done this on accident before, so if you're ever ignored by us on Twitter, know it's completely unintentional. Sometimes we miss stuff, but it's hard not to take it personally when people somehow miss you.
8. The other day I had this conversation with myself:
Lisa 1: Man, I really wish Newsroom was a real news show. I'd learn so much. It's too bad they don't have a show like that every day.
Lisa 2: Um, they do. It's called THE NEWS. Only you never want to watch it because it's too depressing and you have too much Bravo on your DVR.
Lisa 1: Crap. I'm an idiot.
9. I'm happy. Really, truly, crazy happy. In spite of my endless amount of angst, for some reason at this very moment in my life I feel this overwhelming sense of contentment and possibility. God knows I spend most of my days half asleep looking like a woman who's been sleeping in an underpass and screaming at my children to HURRY UP WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO SLOW, but I also get to write books and work a day job that balances my life and gives our family financial stability and I've got friends and family and a husband who I adore and kids who drive me insane in the best way possible. So, yeah. Happiness with spurts of impatience. That pretty much sums up my life right about now.
10. I still haven't stopped eating the s'mores.
OK, spill. What's your truth this Tuesday?