Friday, September 21, 2012

Child Rearing Advice Goop Style

Gwyneth Paltrow discussed some of her best parenting advice in a recent In Style article, including this little nugget of wisdom:

“I only let [Apple and Moses] watch TV in French or Spanish. When I’m in France, I go to [Boulevard] Beaumarchais and buy all their cartoons.”

Well, I guess we now know who to blame for the rampant use of casual French in our culture. If I tried this with my kids I'm guessing it would manifest into something like this:

3 comments:

Katie O'Sullivan said...

Thank you for making me laugh out loud this morning ;-) Had to tweet this!

Marsha Sigman said...

So, so much for Apple and Moses to rebel over. Starting with their names.

Gwyneth est un âne.

Adieu, mes amis.

Krispy said...

LOL. My sister was just telling me about this yesterday, and I was like ".....what."

ANYWAY, if you're teaching your kids French through Flight of the Concords, you win Coolest Mom hands down. ;) (That's one of my favorite Concords songs!)

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...