Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tell The Truth Tuesday

1. Laura had the cutest post ever about baby James and Blogger ate it. (Or I deleted it out of spite because I'm jealous of baby James - you decide.)

2. I'm currently in the middle of a summer camp stand off with my husband. This has resulted in a good old fashioned e-mail fight. Gotta love technology.

3. I find it fascinating that almost every single HGTV show is filmed in Canada. Are Canadians more handy? Do they care more about real estate? I need answers.

4. I'm feeling slightly stressed about whipping up a fabulous dinner for my mother-in-law's birthday this Sunday. I was thinking of making homemade spaghetti or lasagna but that sounds kind of boring. Maybe chicken parmesan? Definitely Italian. Let me know if you have any brilliant ideas.

5. I should be taking a shower, but instead I'm writing this blog post. I'm not sure if you should be honored or appalled.

10 comments:

Nicole Zoltack said...

Yum... I love Italian food. I could eat it every day.

Laura Pauling said...

Well, I got to see those cute pictures of baby James and Lydia through my feed. What a cutie! :) Just read him your book, then he'll be sure to smile lots.

Marsha Sigman said...

1) You ate it.
2) Why a stand off? who is going? I want to go.
3) Canadians are the bomb, eh.
4) Homemade Ravioli. Here we just order from Carrabas, use the good plates and claim we made it.
5) How long has it been since you showered? If yesterday then I am honored. More than 2 days then I am appalled.

My truths:
Last week when I was sick I went almost 3 days without a shower. My hair is still mad at me.

I am so happy to be back at work and away from my family. I love them...but in smaller doses.

Matthew MacNish said...

I was going to call you out for premature blog postuation when I saw that baby in my dashboard, but then you busted yourself and pretty much stole my thunder.

How bout Spaghetti alla Puttanesca (it means Spaghetti in the style of the prostitute)?

Jessica said...

OOOh! You should make homemade spinach manicotti...
YUM.

Jemi Fraser said...

My mom's bday was last weekend and, strangely, we made lasagna, chicken parm & boston cream pie :)

Dara said...

LOL @#6. That's me like every day. Normally the shower waits until I can't take the yuck factor anymore. Silly baby and his constant need for my attention :P

Creepy Query Girl said...

How about chicken marsala? (the real kind with the butter and the mushrooms and marsala wine?) That's usually a little out of the ordinary for italian.
My truth. I made the hubs take the kids out with my mother in law so that I could 'put our youngest down for a nap'. But really I just wanted some down time to drink tea and visit blogs.

Laura S. said...

I made chicken parmesan for dinner last night and it was oh so delicious! So that's a good choice. Stuffed shells are always yummy too. I've never made those, though, so I'm not sure how much work they are.

Now I'm annoyed at myself for packing the chicken parmesan leftovers for my husband's lunch today. Hmm, maybe being a thoughtful wife is way overrated haha! ;)

Kay said...

I vote for stuffed shells (ricotta, mozzarella, sauteed spinach, italian sausage if so desired)! People always seem impressed and they're not nearly as hard as it seems like they would be. I'm sure whatever you make will be delicious!

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...