And I've learned precious little this week. It wasn't a bad week exactly, just a blah week. I definitely left the house and we definitely did stuff, I'm just not sure what we did.
Anyways, here's what I learned in the 2nd to last week of June:
1. Our friends are funny. The searches that you guys are putting together for our little contest are fabulous. Some early favorites include: "sleeping with Zack Effron is a feast of awesome," "child leashes slut monkey," and "Jackasses drooling over buzzed monkeys." There are also another couple of searches including "lisa and laura are whores" and "justin bobby stripper punishment." I'm not sure if these are part of the contest or not, but I found them highly entertaining.
2. Rainy days = Mommy Fail. Have you ever spent the entire day inside your house with a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old while it rains buckets outside? Have you done it 4 days in a row? I hate Cleveland weather.
3. Summer television isn't that bad. Now that the Real Housewives of New Jersey has come to a premature end (that season was WAY too short) we have NYC Prep to look forward to. And Royal Pains is getting better. Honest. The acting isn't terrible and the doctor is really cute even if he is really short. And fine, I'll admit it. I watch True Blood. It's horrible, trashy and oftentimes repulsive, but it's also compulsively watchable.
4. I love Libba Bray. I'm on the final book (The Sweet Far Thing) in Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle series and it's fantastic. The books are paced perfectly and are almost impossible to put down. As I'm reading, I keep trying to figure Bray's secret, but so far all I can come up with is phenomenal writing. Helpful.
5. Dads rock. Sunday is Father's Day and I'm grateful for all of the dads in my life. My dad and my father-in-law are two of those rare men who wanted to be involved in every aspect of their kid's lives. They set a precedent that my husband lives up to every single day when he changes diapers, puts the kids to bed, gives bubble baths and plays the infamous "catch me" game. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by amazing dads.
Well, that's all she wrote for this week. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!