Another week, another set of life lessons...
1. What do Justin Bobby, strippers and punishment all have in common? Well, they were all key word searches that lead to finding our blog this week. More specifically, "insufferable punishment" (should we be offended by this one?), "Buy Justin Bobby t-shirt" (we wish!) and finally "Laura stripper" (nice...).
2. I'm very easily bamboozled. Well, played Eminem. Well played.
3. I can't stop wondering if Stephenie Meyers was offered tickets to The MTV Movie Awards. I mean, let's face it, my life would be complete if I were somehow able to weasel my way into the hot mess that is the MTV Movie Awards. I figure that if Stephenie got the invite and turned it down, there's like a 1% chance of that happening to me. But if Stephenie didn't get an invite, I'm really screwed considering our book isn't a movie and *ahem* isn't yet published.
4. Someone seriously needs to come up with a 12-step program for refreshing. I honestly feel like my obsession with refreshing my e-mail and StatCounter has impacted my ability to be a productive member of society. So much refreshing, so little time. "Hi, my name is Lisa and I have an addiction to the F5 key."
5. I'm standing by my assertion that Kristin Stewart was wasted out of her mind at the movie awards. Check this out and feel free to rip me a new one in the comments.
6. Do you hear that ear splitting noise? That's me squeeing. I just found out that my future-second-husband is starring in a movie that will be released on July 24th. Let the countdown begin.
7. We should have taken up knitting. Here's a snippet of our conversation this week:
Lisa: Trying to publish a book is like really hard. We should have chosen a less stressful pass time.
Laura: Yeah, like knitting.
Lisa: Totally. I mean if you knit, you just knit. If you manage to make a sweater, you're pretty much at the top of your game.
Laura: Right. And it's not like you make a sweater and have to send it to a panel of judges who rip it apart and decide whether it's a good sweater or not.
Lisa: And people find out that you made a sweater and they're just really impressed. They never think to ask you if your sweaters are ever going to be sold in Target.
Laura: I'm totally taking up knitting.
Lisa: Yeah, me too.
8. Coming out of the closet is scary. For the past 10 months Laura and I have been closet bloggers. We've been very selective about telling friends and family about the blog, the book, etc. It's just a little awkward to have to tell the whole story and we didn't want to feel inhibited about what we post on the blog. But now that I'm leaving my job and having to send everyone my new e-mail address I've also been sending the link to our website. It's terrifying, but surprisingly, it hasn't changed our blogging style. At all. Scroll down for Exhibit A: The Britney Post.
So, that about sums up our first week in June. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!