Friday, July 2, 2010

WTF Friday...


No, it's not Tuesday, but it is almost our nation's birthday, so we figured it was time for a good old, all-American WTF. This week's installment is brought to you by the one and only, Chris Brown.

You can't NOT say WTF after reading this article. I mean...
  • Chris Brown, the R&B sensation convicted of domestic abuse singing a tribute.
  • Chris Brown, the R&B sensation convicted of domestic abuse singing a tribute to MJ, alleged sex offender.
  • Chris Brown, the R&B sensation convicted of domestic abuse singing a tribute to MJ, alleged sex offender using the song "Man in the Mirror" (The irony is not lost on us, CB.)
  • Chris Brown, the R&B sensation convicted of domestic abuse singing a tribute to MJ, alleged sex offender using the song "Man in the Mirror" AND fake tear drops.
We rest our case.

But wait! There's a rebuttal from one of US Weekly's dedicated commenters. She goes by Patty, but we're wondering if maybe that's just an alias for good old Chris himself:

LOL HE BEAT HER SHE ALMOST DIED? HAHAHA WOW TALK ABOUT OVER REACTING KAY. THE GUY WAS 18..HE DID A STUPID STUPID DUMB THING..HE WAS ACTING LIKE A DUMB CHILD.WHY IS IT OK FOR A WOMAN TO HIT A MAN LIKE SHE HAS BALLS? ITS OK FOR A WOMAN TO SMACK A GUY SO HARD SHE LEAVES A MARK? ALWAYS ASK YOURSELF THIS..IF IT WAS YOUR 18 YEAR OLD BROTHER OR SON WHO HIT HIS GIRFREIND LIKE THAT WOULD YOU DISOWN HIM OR TRY TO HELP HIM? HE F**KED UP MAJOR. KAY,MORGAN,SARA ANDI..TAKE OFF YOUR WHITE RACIST HOODS BIOTCHES.

Wow. God Bless America. When you light a sparkler this weekend think of Chris Brown, fake tears and Patty.

So, WTF is up with you this Friday?

28 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Oh Breezy! You danced so well on The Suite Life of Zach and Cody, when I was watching with my daughter. If you hadn't gone on the Disney Channel I would have never seen you, ever.

Candyland said...

WOW. I'm losing fake tears right now over it. OMGCBAPR
(OMGChrisBrownandPatty.Really?!)

JennyMac said...

Hilarious!

And seriously, no one could write a better break down then you did. The abuser's tribute to the pedophile. Perfect for TV. egads.

Vicki Rocho said...

Priceless.

You said it all. Which makes my job as a commenter really easy! hahaha

Have a wonderful weekend!

Loretta Nyhan said...

Mel Gibson's rant. WTF happened to him?

Christina Lee said...

hahaha yep!! well said!
Have a great weekend!

Creepy Query Girl said...

awe. You've made me teary with nostalgia. It's article like this that make me miss living in my home country. ** creepy sings, hand on heart** 'God Bless Americaaa. The U. S. Aaaaaaay!

Amy said...

Ah, sometimes it's good to be reminded that the world is full of jackasses. Some of them sing with eyedrops and irony, some of them (sort of) type.

This is definitely made of WTF. :)

S.A. Larsenッ said...

OMStinkin' Root!! No more to say. Enjoy your weekend, ladies. ";-)

April (BooksandWine) said...

Wow. Just wow.

I am pretty sure regardless of gender, it is not okay to hit.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Happy 4th!

Jemi Fraser said...

Bizarre! Some people have zero grip on reality. Scary.

Anonymous said...

1. The, uh, only thing I can think of to say to that is, "...?"

2. I'm so stunned I don't think I can even make a list.

3. Okay, maybe I'm not THAT stunned.

4. But I am.

5. The troll comment was the best.

6. O.o

Jonathon Arntson said...

Bob Bless America.

Marsha Sigman said...

I'm concerned that Patty is unable to spell 'girlfriend'.

I am hoping the powers that be take piy on us and close the office early. Not that I have anything to do really.

Unknown said...

So you're saying, "She had it coming" isn't a viable excuse in court proceedings?

Stupid is as stupid does, momma always said.

Elana Johnson said...

Dude, that is weird on so many levels...

Have a great weekend!

Riv Re said...

WTF is wrong with a day camp that can't even order enough pizza for lunch?
You wish I was joking; today involved a lot of screaming, yelling and crying (the latter done by preschoolers) in wait for pizza after an order was messed up.

Stina said...

I'm almost peed my pants on the Man in the Mirror irony. All I can do is roll my eyes at the whole CB situation. Seriously, did he really think the fake tear would fool us?

Krispy said...

Yeah... This is why I always tell myself to AVOID the comments sections of those boards.

Happy birthday, U.S.?

Unknown said...

Dude. That is insanely WTF-worthy. But I also agree that Mel Gibson deserves equal WTF consideration.

Meanwhile, I just found out that one of the most outstanding students from my high school (Patrick Hammon) is the guy that the new Bachelorette Ali is ocassionally sleeping with! WTF??

- said...

L+L,

Just wanted to tell you how AMAZING you two are, re: WriteOnCon.

...and by "WriteOnCon" I mean "life."

Carolyn V. said...

Strange. That's the only word that keeps coming into my brain.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm pretty sure my 3 yr old knows it's not ok to hit.

Damn. WTF.

adelegriffin said...

HEY HAVE A HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY BUT WHY IS IT OK FOR YOU TO HAVE A HAPPY ONE WHEN EVERY YEAR MY HUSBAND BURNS THE BURGERS ON THE GRILL SO BAD THEY LEAVE BURN MARKS AND ALSO I AM A VEGGATARRIAN? K?
ASK YOURSELF THAT! HIT ME BACK!

Unknown said...

You two seriously crack me up!!! I shared this one with my husband and it started the whole conversation that he had at work. There is so much to say about this, but I'll refrain. :)

Lisa Gail Green said...

Ha! I don't think I can top that one or my last WTF comment. But I will share something one of the neighbor kids said while we watched the fireworks last night cuz it cracked me up.
Green firework - "Tinkerbell is bombing us!"

rae said...

Horray for WTF Friday!!!!

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...