1. One week from today the entire Roecker family is heading to Hilton Head for a little R&R. Well, as much R&R as you can get in a house with 3 sisters, their husbands, 4 kids under the age of 5 (6 if you count the buns in the ovens), and two VERY generous grandparents. The 14 hour drive is definitely going to be interesting. My poor husband is convinced that my water is going to break somewhere in West Virginia. And because vacations make us feel guilty we've got some super fun stuff planned for the blog when we're gone. Get excited.
2. For those of you who have asked, I'm due to have this baby September 30th. Yup, that's right. I'll be at my most pregnant during the hottest months of the summer. Super planning on our part. We (and by we, I mean ME) decided that since this is most likely our last baby we should be surprised about the sex. Although, I have this feeling that it's going to be a girl....
3. We have the Tim Gunn of beta readers. I almost peed my pants when Tim Gunn commented on some poor Project Runway contestant's booty shorts: "For me, the cut of the shorts and the color of the shorts, it really says 'diaper.' Especially because they're quilted, so there's a thickness to it." Oh, how I love Tim Gunn. You know what I love even more? Our critique partner does the exact same thing for us. We sent her a very rough first chapter of our WIP and she kind of said, "For me, the voice here, it really says Gossip Girl, when you're going for Scream. Genius.
4. Mark your calendars for Monday August 23rd at 9 PM EST. We've scheduled a feedback chat/debrief for WriteOnCon. We're already hard at work on planning for next year and we want to know exactly what you guys thought about our inaugural year. Just don't bring up Error 403, okay? Kind of a sore subject...To join us for the chat just head over to http://www.writeoncon.com/ Monday night.
5. WriteOnCon was featured in PublishersWeekly. We are so proud and so excited! Thank you all for helping us make this event such a huge success!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!