WriteOnCon is quickly approaching and we hope everyone is as excited as we are to dive in. We’ve have been completely blown away by all of the amazing content we’ve received from agents, editors and writers and we can’t wait to share it with all of you!
In the meantime, one of our star panelists, über agent Joanna Volpe of Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation, has generously offered to get this party started with a mega query critique contest. And some of you (ahem) have some new and improved queries that we're sure will catch Joanna's eye.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Joanna will select three queries to critique on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We’ll post her critiques on the WriteOnCon blog and the Coffey. Tea. And. Literary. blog. These lucky writers will have the chance to revise their query and resubmit it to be considered for the big prizes to come.
- On Thursday August 11th Joanna will select one of her favorite queries to win a ten page critique from both Joanna AND their amazing assistant, Sara. A double-eyed critique!
- On Friday August 12th Joanna will select the grande prize winner who will send their query + 20 pages + 2-page synopsis. The lucky winner will get a query critique, a 20-page critique from Joanna AND Sara, and a 10 minute phone convo to discuss the whole sellability of the project and the direction it’s going in, plus to answer any questions from the critique. (editorial note: I almost fell out of my chair when I read the description of this prize. AMAZING!)
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Happy querying!
- Post your query in the WriteOnCon forums here (you can post throughout the conference, but post by 11:59 EST on Sunday if you want to be considered for ALL of the prizes!); and
- Follow the AMAZING Coffey. Tea. And Literary. blog.