1. I haven't stuck to one of my New Years Resolutions. Not. One.
2. I have a Miley Cyrus song on my iPod and I swear when it comes on at the gym, I run faster.
3. I've already started writing the query for Gmail. I love queries. I know that every writer is supposed to hate them, but I can't help it. I think they're fun.
4. Laura and I spend 95% of our phone conversations talking about how great Gmail is. Yeah, we're pathetic and need to get a life.
5. I really hate Gwyneth Paltrow. I had forgotten just how much I hated her until I saw SpinRegina's post about her blog, GOOP. It's one of the most obnoxious, self-important websites that I've ever seen in my life. And I've wasted over an hour on the damn thing and STILL can't figure out what the hell GOOP stands for.
6. I'm really excited for the premier of Big Love tonight. It's about this guy in Utah and his 3 wives, are you really surprised that I'm totally hooked?
7. Every time I think about the inauguration, I think about how excited I am that Obama is going to be president, but I'm almost more excited to see what Michelle wears.
8. There is one thing that really, really bugs me about 30 Rock. Tina Fey is a comedic genius, but she needs to cut the jokes about her weight. It's ridiculous because she's extremely thin, but in every episode there is at least one joke about her eating habits and this week they even had her buy some huge scuba-like bathing suit to wear on vacation. It reminds me of the jokes on Will and Grace about Grace eating so much and gaining weight when Debra Messing was borderline anorexic. It really annoys me because 30 Rock is too smart for that.
9. Part of my redecorating efforts involved buying a couple of new chairs for my family room. They're recliners, but they don't look like recliners (seriously, you can't tell. I swear.). I now spend about 75% of my day reclined in one of the chairs. On the phone, on the laptop, watching TV. I'm like perpetually reclined, and let me just say that being vertical is so overrated. I vacillate between feeling like some sort of invalid or like a reincarnation of my Great-Great Grandfather, Pa. I think he spent the better part of his 80's and 90's in an orange velour recliner at my grandparent's house.
10. I let out a little squee every time someone comments on our blog. I can't help it. Comments make me giddy.
Whew - so glad to get that all off my chest. Especially that bit about Miley. It's like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
Must be all that lapsed Catholic guilt.