Monday, January 11, 2010

Ask LiLa: Prosecco for the Cultured Palate

After thousands of requests to do an advice column (or one random question that was sent to us last Friday) we've decided to start a new feature called Ask LiLa.

That's right. E-mail us at lisa-laura(at)live.com and ask us ANYTHING (well, anything that would qualify for a PG-13 or lower rating) and we'll answer all of your burning questions via the blog.

Need advice about how to keep Twizzlers fresh? We're your girls. Want to know how to write a decent query? We can totally help. Have questions about Blackwater vying for a new contract with the Pentagon? We'll make something up.

And now, for our very first ask LiLa we have a question from Lou at Lou Writes, she claims that she's all about life minus the style, but she seems pretty stylish to us:

Hey there,

We met a long time ago when my sister Sarah and Laura were in college. Sarah pointed me toward your blog recently, and I've been reading for a few months now. You guys are hilarious! [Editorial note: Sarah was our first ever blog follower AND she lets us stay with her when we go to NYC. All that and she's also referring blog readers? We love you Sarah!]

Anyway, here's my totally random question. My sister tells me that you are a big fan of prosecco. I'm planning a bachelorette party for a close friend and having pre-dinner festivities at my house. I have this grand vision of a signature cocktail: prosecco and pomegranate. What does all this have to do with you? Well, nothing really... I just thought you'd want the back story.

Here's my question: Do you have a suggestion for a lower-priced (say around or under $15) bottle of prosecco?

Thanks!
Lou


Dear Lou,

You have come to the right place! We like to consider ourselves prosecco connoisseurs and in our experience they all sort of taste the same. I'm not sure if that's due to our general lack of refinement or because we're typically sipping through a Twizzler straw. (Kidding. Sort of.)

Anyway, Trader Joe's has a great bottle of Prosecco for $6.99! You can't beat it. Especially if you're planning on mixing with pomegranate juice.

Our only request is that you send us the recipe! It sounds fabulous!

XOXO,
L&L

P.S.
We've learned the hard way that it's best to drink prosecco with an Advil chaser. No joke. Prosecco induced headaches are brutal, so why not kill two birds with one stone?

27 comments:

Kim said...

so...now you're the new Dear Abby/Dear Anne advice sisters? Too funny! Your plan for world denomination plan is in full force.

Ok...here's your next question. What the heck is Prosecco? Guess my palate is totally uncultured. :(

Danyelle L. said...

Awesome! You two are amazing. :) And always prepared. O:)

Anissa said...

Nicely done! Looking forward to the column.

Tess said...

Awww...I miss having a Trader Joe's around. They don't have them in my state, but I grew up with them. It was always a great go-to place when hosting a dinner party. *sigh*

Kerri Cuev said...

Be prepared for an inbox takeover! Yes I think your plan for world domination is coming into full swing lol!

Anonymous said...

You are going to be so busy! I totally look forward to reading this new feature

Katie Anderson said...

Yes. World domination is approaching...

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Love the column idea! That's awesome!

Tana said...

My mind is churning. Rest assured before this new year is out, you will have a question in your in box from me. Warning, it might involve 'Snooki', I'm just sayin'.

Little Ms J said...

What has the world come to?

Patti said...

Advil chaser. Can't say I've ever heard that before. Looking forward to your wonderful advice.

Stephanie Thornton said...

I so miss Trader Joe's. They're the best!

Prosecco through Twizzler's eh? Never would have thought of that myself!

Unknown said...

Haha! You're going to get some fabulous questions. I can see it now. This is going to be fun!

Shannon Messenger said...

Oh man--I can only imagine the hit your email inbox is getting right now. Must think of something to ask. Perhaps Blog War survival skills? Twizzler recipes? Vlogging tips?

Gah--my brain is too tired after edit-a-thon to think right now. But I'll come up with something!

ann foxlee said...

Haha! Yes! The Trader Joe's stuff is great, and 4 advil with about 16oz of water is what I always seem to need for my chaser. If I don't do it I just want to die the next morning. And all day. And I'm sort of tired the next day too.

But prosecco-- yum!!

Tere Kirkland said...

For some reason I'm fine when I drink Prosecco, but actual champagne? Forget about it. I won't be seeing the light of day for a week. ;)

Carolyn V. said...

Oohhh, advice column. What should I ask? Something good....something good!

Kimberly Franklin said...

Great advice and oh so funny, too! Now, if you could just convice the liquor people and the advil people to team up...I would say world domination would commence...immediately!

Have a great Monday!

Kelly H-Y said...

You two are so hilarious! Love it.

Lori W. said...

Can't wait for this column and even more laughs induced by LiLa!

Jemi Fraser said...

Now, THAT's the way to start a Monday :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

Wow, you guys know how to cover all the bases! I'm going to look for that prosecco next time I'm at TJs :D

Elana Johnson said...

Ask LiLa? Oh, this is gonna be fun!! Yay!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

The fun here just gets better and better. Dear Abby and Abba...

:-)

erica m. chapman said...

I love it... Twizzler straw! I used to do that at the movies... okay I may still do it once in a while, but it's dark in there.

I love pomegranate anything! Love this new feature too :o)

Gail said...

Okay, so apparently, room mom duty, kids, writing and revising book 2 chapters, consuming Twizzlers, blogging and vlogging not to mention impending world domination isn't enough to occupy your time????? Hmmmm... what would round out that mix? Of course, an advice column :-)
Your boundless energy (or is it insanity) wears me out!

Lou said...

I'm so late to the party here! Thanks for the advice. I'll be picking up my Trader Joe's Prosecco this weekend. And, I may be sending some more questions your way!

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...