2. I'm spring cleaning right now and it feels really good. Really good. Is there something wrong with me?
3. I might have squealed out loud (in case you're wondering, I sounded like a jealous pig) when I read this fantastic news about Beth Revis. I mean HOLY. CRAP. How good does that book sound?
4. We haven't had nearly enough time to read blogs--see number 1 and 2.
5. The show How to Make it in America sort of makes me want to leave my family and move to New York City to do something crazy like try to be a professional writer. Oh wait....
6. The last time we went to New York, we dressed in business casual (or as Lisa likes to call it "business chic") to meet our agent (Lisa was all, "Trust me, I worked at a company. You were just a teacher). Clipping around NYC in heels was a big mistake. Big. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'm packing flats this time. [Editorial note from Lisa: Who says bet your bottom dollar? People who don't get "business chic," that's who. Can you tell who did the final edit on this blog post?]
7. I'm really nervous for the big Sourcebooks Fire Launch Party on Thursday. I mean, what if no one talks to us? What if we hide in the bathroom the entire time? What if I talk too fast and too loud? Yeah, that last one is pretty much a guarantee. I've never encountered an awkward silence that I don't rush to fill. It's a little like my mouth gets the runs. And let me tell you, Laura just loves it when that happens.
8. I gave up candy for Lent and have been housing cartons of ice cream and cookies. Yep.
9. I just finished a book that is a New York Times Bestseller, a book EVERYONE raves about, a book that sold for huge amounts of money, and I hated it. Really hated it. So apparently, I have terrible taste in books. Super.
10. I'm listening to A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY because I just know Libba (we're on a first name basis) will want to talk to me about it at the launch party. As my daughter plays outside, I blast it from my car. I'm that neighbor.
Ok, you're up. What's your truth this Tuesday?