Oh, it's been way too long since we've shared our random learnings with you, and let me tell you this week has been a doozy.
1. Young Adult Authors are truly amazing people. We had a couple of best selling authors reply to our blatant fangirl behavior by sending us truly incredible e-mails thanking us for our support and (gasp) agreeing to send us a signed copy of their book to give away. Details will be coming soon, but I just have to say it's pretty awesome to play even a small part in the writing community. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
2. She likes it, she really likes it! As you all know, we had a rocky start with LIAR SOCIETY 2, but a couple of weeks ago we finally cracked the plot and wrote the most amazing outline ever. And yes, I'm saying that because I wrote it and also because no one gets poisoned by Diet Coke in this version.
Anyways, after our favorite beta ninja took a crack at the first five chapters and had little to complain about (which NEVER happens, so we were pretty pumped) we decided it was ready for a little something called "the mean agent treatment." Yes, that's what the amazing Major Agent (said in your best Victoria Beckham accent) calls it when she rips into one of our manuscripts.
But guess what?
This time she gushed. Okay, okay, we all know Major Agent doesn't gush, but she practically gushed which might as well be gushing. So, it's onward and upward for LIAR SOCIETY 2.
[Insert chest bump or the celebratory gesture of your choice here.]
3. Brittany from Glee is the light of my life. She's seriously the best character on TV right now. Blonde, dumb and lovable, Brittany has uttered some of the best lines on the show such as:
"When I pulled my hamstring I went to a misogynist."
"Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?"
Mr. Schue: "Who can tell me what a ballad is?" Brittany:"A male duck."
I think she might single handedly redeem dumb blonde chicks named Brittany. She's a national treasure, y'all.
4. Women across America (err...maybe just in LA?) are getting vajazzled thanks to a washed up Ghost Whisperer. Um, yeah. I don't really want to go into details here, but J. Love (not to be confused with J. Lo) has a book and apparently there's an entire chapter devoted to vajazzling. Her impact on the American culture is dizzying. First the Hanes ads and now this. We're 99% sure this is yet another sign of the apocalypse, so do yourself a favor and watch out for four dudes on horses. You're welcome.
5. When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand, just blog or Tweet or Facebook me. We all have difficult weeks as writers. The weeks spent waiting or the weeks where you get a rejection that totally knocks you on your ass. But every time we ever hit a rough patch all of you guys are here to cheer us up and you don't even realize you're doing it. Every comment, every @reply, every new friend gives us a little thrill. So, thank you for being there for us throughout this crazy journey to publication. We couldn't do it without you guys.
[Insert picture of LiLa with single tears running down their cheeks here.]
Have a fab weekend everyone! Can't wait to see what next week brings!
So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...
1. I have 10 minutes before the kids come home after their last day of school and instead of showering, I'm blogging. This is a terrible...
Now, if that's not the definition of perky, I don't know what is. Okay, let's face it, being perky, like Kelly Ripa perky, e...