1. Laura wanted to do a TLC's Baby Story-inspired vlog about our book's birthday. Lisa didn't think it was a good idea.
2. We're sick of hearing ourselves talk and can only imagine that all of you feel the same. For this you have our deepest apologies.
3. The Blog Tour of Awesome kicks off today for The Liar Society. We're giving away a $100 Amazon gift card and some other cool stuff. There are some AMAZING bloggers involved, but we don't want to talk about it too much. See #2.
4. Our author copies arrived in the nick of time and we spent all yesterday petting them. It's not nearly as gross as it sounds.
5. Despite the fact that we're thanking our lucky stars to see our book in print, we have to admit we're bummed that only one Barnes and Noble near us is stocking it. Mostly because it leads to conversations like this:
Aunt Mildred: I can't wait to buy your book at Barnes and Noble on March 1st.
LiLa: Oh, yeah...about that. You should probably call first.
Auntie M: Why? Your book is being published isn't it?
LiLa: Yeah, but it's really hard for debut authors to get stocked at chains...
Auntie M: So your book isn't being published?
LiLa: No, it totally IS being published...
Auntie M: Well, then, I'll just go pick up my copy.
LiLa: Maybe just call first. There aren't going to be copies at every single store and they can always order...
Auntie M: You've made this all up haven't you? I always knew you were a couple of liars. Or maybe this is some kind of prolonged fantasy you two have dreamed up. I'm calling your mother!
6. If we really sit back and think about the fact that our first novel officially releases today and about how far we've come since this post we get all weepy. The truth is, we can't believe how lucky we are that right now, in this moment, we're living our dream. And even better we get to share it with all of these amazing, supportive people we have in our lives.
Thank you for believing in us and our little book.
Thank you for laughing with us, bitching with us and (most of all) hating Gwynnie with us.
Thank you for being there every step of the way so we never, ever felt like we were on this crazy roller coaster alone.
We love you all!
Ok, your turn. What's your truth this Tuesday?
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...
1. I have 10 minutes before the kids come home after their last day of school and instead of showering, I'm blogging. This is a terrible...
Now, if that's not the definition of perky, I don't know what is. Okay, let's face it, being perky, like Kelly Ripa perky, e...