1. My saddest days are the ones where I fail at doing my day job and being a mom. There's nothing quite as disheartening than working your ass off to be a stellar mom and a kick ass employee and failing miserably at both, on the same day. That thunk you heard wasn't my head hitting the glass ceiling, it was my ass hitting the floor. Hard.
2. When I fall I almost always blame my husband. He's around. He's a man. And he never gets stuck at home with the kids, on a conference call, with a child SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS all afternoon while dinner burns in the oven. Thanks for nothing, Gloria Steinem.
3. You know what cheers me up? Watching Girls. It's far more entertaining to watch NYC hipsters fail at being adults than to argue with my husband about who should put the kids to bed.
4. I finished A MILLION SUNS over the weekend and holy cow it was AWESOME. If you haven't read Beth Revis's amazing ACROSS THE UNIVERSE series, there's no time like the present. January 2013 can't get here fast enough.
5. I can't stop refreshing our email after sending our revision to our editor on Friday. I'm scared she's going to hate it. I'm scared of copy edits. I'm scared that we're never going to get another email again. Ever.
So that's it. My sad, sad truths this week. Hope you guys have something better to share in the comments and if this post totally bores you, check out the comments in the post below this one. HILARIOUS and awesome. Have I mentioned how much I love our blog friends? You guys rock.
So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...
1. I have 10 minutes before the kids come home after their last day of school and instead of showering, I'm blogging. This is a terrible...
Now, if that's not the definition of perky, I don't know what is. Okay, let's face it, being perky, like Kelly Ripa perky, e...