Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tell The Truth Tuesday

1. Laura and I spend so much time on the phone that her husband is more informed on my life than my husband because he overhears her side of the conversation while Ken is sound asleep upstairs.

2. I've had three conversations in the past 24 hours that have made me want to stab myself in the thigh with a meat fork. None of them were with Laura.

3. We're going to ALA! If you're going to be there, please, please, please sit in on our panel with the amazing Geoff Herbach, Janet Gurtler and Miranda Kenneally. It's at 10:30 on June 23rd. We'll be talking about the impact of social media on YA lit. And then from 2-3 PM Saturday afternoon we'll be signing at the Sourcebooks booth. And we're completely terrified. What if we're unable to string more than two words together at the panel? What if no one comes to our signing? What if I accidentally wear a see through dress and Laura never bothers to tell me? What if people finally realize that there aren't really two of us, just one crazy girl with split personalities? We're kind of in a panic over here.

4. I'm supposed to be writing.

5. I've been mega moody all day today and I feel guilty for being a crazy, crazy bitch.

6. I'm looking forward to kickboxing tomorrow because I'll get to punch some of the crazy out.

7. I have to find the perfect dress to wear this weekend because I'm determined to look hotter than a sworn frenemy who will be in attendance.

8. Have I mentioned the moodiness? Because...yeah.

9. I read 50 Shades of Grey. I can sum up the entire book in less than 16 words.

10. I get really paranoid when people don't return my emails, but I almost never return emails myself. (See number 5)

11. I just went to schedule this post and realized tomorrow is WEDNESDAY. Not Tuesday. Now I'm moody and moronic. Wicked combination.

Ok, spill your guts in the comments. What's your truth this Tuesday? Lay it on me. Or else. (See number 5).

11 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Let's do the time warp again!

storyqueen said...

I will see you at ALA!!!

woohooo!!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

I KNOW you're not just one girl. I've seen you both. :D

Have a great time!

Corey Schwartz said...

I read Fifty Shades of Grey and I can sum it up in 15 words!

erica and christy said...

You did NOT read 50 Shades. . .did you?

And I admit that whenever I see the Weight Watchers commercial with the funny, skinny sisters on it, I think of you guys. No idea why. It just happens. :)
erica

Nicole Zoltack said...

I've been working hard on getting my to-dist down into the single digits. Each time I cross something off, I add two more things. *sigh*

Krispy said...

Wait, you read 50 Shades of Gray and can sum it up in 16 words...but you're not going to SHARE those 16 words? Is it inappropriate?

In any case, I hope you find an AMAZING dress. ;)

Marsha Sigman said...

1) I am querying new ms/freaking out over here.
2) I want to know what the hell those 16 words are too.
3) I always knew you were crazy. No confirmation needed.ha

Elana Johnson said...

You guys are going to KILL IT at ALA. SO don't even worry about that. I wish I wanted to exercise to get the crazy out. Instead, I wallow in front of the TV and eat doughnuts. No lie.

Also, I'd love to know about the thigh-stabbing conversations.

Lindsay N. Currie said...

I'm with Elana. . . the thigh stabbing conversations sound like they could have their own post:) LUCKY you are going to ALA -- it will be awesome, no doubt!

Christa Desir said...

I thought 50 shades could be summed up by three words: chocolate, sex, and blood. Also, if I were at ALA, I'd stalk you like an ex-boyfriend at prom.
And finally, please post pics of your dress for #7.
I wish I lived next door to you all so that I could eavesdrop on your conversations and laugh all the time.

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...