Ok, fine, so I haven't missed an episode of The Hills or The MTV Movie Awards since they've been airing. But still, now that we're officially writers that totally makes my obsession legit, right? It's like...research!
Ok, here are my random thoughts on the evening's festivities in chronological order. Keep in mind I forgot about The Hills finale and missed the first 36 minutes. I think the universe was trying to tell me something...
*I love that the finale provided us with a classic Justin Bobby moment with him stumbling into the ceremony looking like a hirsute jackass. Ok fine, that link really isn't a pic of JB, but that's seriously how he looked. And Audrina still couldn't take her eyes off of him. Or wait...maybe that's just the way her wonky eyes work? Hard to say.
* Bravo for whichever producer instructed Lauren and K. Cavalleri to show up in the exact same shade of blue. Made for an awesome entrance. Note to K. Cavalleri, bras are your friend. Don't be afraid to break one out every once in a while. The "girls" will thank you.
* Love that Spencer nods at K. Cavalleri from the alter. Does anyone else think that Spencer is the (not so secret) mastermind behind the Hills? I swear, in 10 years we're going to be reading his tell-all book about how it all went down.
* Andy Samberg's opening was sheer genius. "If you're sleeping with Zack Effron throw your hands in the air" + Vanessa's awkward wave = awesome. And the final intervention gag with Dr. Drew really got me laughing. Well played, Andy.
* Fine, I'll admit it. I'm adding The Real World Cancun to my TiVo schedule this summer. So sue me. Wait, didn't we decide to call this research? Nice.
* Another commercial for The Hangover. This looks like the funniest movie EVER. I laugh at the preview every single time I see it.
* Robert Pattinson has that aura about him that says he's getting laid. A lot.
* 2nd confession of the night: I like Eminem's new song. BUT then he went all crazy when Sasha Baron Cohen flew down from the ceiling and put his butt in his face. Wow, can't believe I just typed that. This kind of thing only happens at the MTV Movie Awards. Anyways, way to be a spoil sport Eminem. So the deal is that you get to rip on people in all your witty little raps, but you can't take a joke yourself? Eew.
* This faux New Moon clip was hilarious. Teenwolf kicking a garbage can in the street is always funny.
* Could Kristin Stewart be more high?? She was seriously so bizarre the entire night and then she dropped her award. Yikes. No clip of this, which makes me even more suspicious.
* Ben Stiller's Lifetime Achievement Award was awesome. The panel of presenters included Kiefer Sutherland, Triumph the Insult Dog and Zach Effron. I seriously don't know how he kept a straight face.
Well, now that you know how I spent my Sunday evening, onto the big news....the winner of our book giveaway is Sara! She's not a lurker, but she sure is lucky! Send us your address and we'll send you the books ASAP.