Monday, November 2, 2009

Blog Block...

Top Five reasons why I can't think of anything interesting to blog about today:

5. I can't stop thinking about last night's episode of Mad Men. Holy. Crap. That show just keeps getting better and better. What is going to happen in the finale?

4. I'm wondering why Whitney's new boyfriend on The City is so freakishly tan. Freddie, lay off the tanning beds, ok? Famous tan guys were cool in the 80's, but I think Richard Simmons and George Hamilton already have the market cornered.

3. I'm suffering from severe sugar shock. Yeah, I know it probably wasn't a good idea to eat three Twizzlers, two snack size Snickers and a Laffy Taffy, but in my defense the candy is getting smaller. Right? Please tell me I'm not just making this up.

2. We're about five chapters away from finishing our WIP, She's Leaving Home. We're hoping to get the full manuscript to our beta ninja by November 12th, and I'm not sure if I'm terrified or excited. Maybe a little bit of both? Oh, I love this book so much, let's just hope our readers feel the same way.

1. You know how sometimes when someone tells you a secret and makes you swear not to tell another soul and then all you want to do is talk about the secret, but you can't talk about it because they'll kill you? Yeah, well, this is kind of like that. I have this blog post that I'm DYING to write, but if I write it I'll be in big trouble. So instead I'm writing this really lame blog about not having anything to blog about. Damn you, Universe! DAMN YOU.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

ooohhhhhhhhhhh. number 1 sounds fascinating.

Hardygirl said...

Yes. The sugar headache is knocking me down, and I'm trying the "hair of the dog" remedy. Eating more and more candy. My girls are going to kill me when they get home from school and find all the candy wrappers.

sf

Lori W. said...

I love Mad Men. Why do they take make such destructive choices?

Exciting that your book is getting closer. Five chapters by Nov. 12th? You two are fast!

Loretta Nyhan said...

Mad Men blew me away last night. I kept squeezing my husband's hand and making these OMG noises.

I'm going to obsess about number 1. Secrets? Ooooh!

JennyMac said...

I am oh so smitten on Mad Men. We recently started from Season 1. Its amazing how much time we have spent getting caught up to this season. LOL.

Katie Anderson said...

I MUST rent Mad Men NOWWWW!

But is the first season any good???

Corey Schwartz said...

How many titles is this WIP gonna go thru? It's up to at least three already!

Sarah Wylie said...

4. Hahaha! Couldn't have said it better myself.

3. Please tell me you mean three *packs* of Twizzlers, and not three Twizzler straws. There's barely any sugar in those things. (I could just be bitter...did I mention I'm off Twizzlers?)

2. She's Leaving Home sounds fabulous. Rock on!

1. Can I kick the Universe's butt?? Dying to read that post!

Tamika: said...

It's definitely the sugar shock! It happens we are all in a fog.

Elana Johnson said...

I like the idea of blaming the universe. Can I steal that??

Tara said...

She's Leaving Home - new title, like it!

Secret?? Hope you get to blog about it soon!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Ha! And now the secret is out! Yay! Go have some Twizzlers with the champagne :)

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...