10. We're thankful to Frankie for giving us this fabulous award. Honest Scrap? Um, yeah. Maybe a little too honest sometimes.
9. We're thankful for really bad TV including but not limited to The City (Stacey said it best when she told me that her heart starts beating just a little bit faster when she sees a new episode on her TiVo), The Real Houswives of Orange County (that new housewife with the crazy boobs is totally nuts and I can't wait till she goes off the deep end. I give it one more episode.), and 90210 (Say what you will about the sheer ridiculousness of this show but Liam is really, really hot. Just please don't have me arrested, ok?).
8. We're thankful for all the really amazing books we've read this year and all of the really amazing books that we haven't read yet.
7. We're thankful for super ninja beta readers who are about a million times smarter than we are and always help us tell a better story.
6. We're thankful for all of our incredible writing friends, especially those of you who take the time to comment and read our blog every day. You have absolutely no idea how much that means to us.
5. We're thankful for StatCounter. Don't judge.
4. We're thankful for our brand new editor Daniel Ehrenhaft. Not only does he love The Haunting of Pemberly Brown (which clearly earned him some major points) he's also a talented author in his own right. And he's hilarious. As soon as we saw his website we knew this was the start of a beautiful relationship.
3. We're thankful for our fabulous Major Agent (to be said with your best Victoria Beckham accent), Catherine Drayton. Catherine puts up with our random e-mails just to say hi (sometimes we just miss seeing her name in our inbox, ok?), she works her ass off on our behalf, she's insanely responsive and communicative, and she has some truly amazing clients who she's introduced us to over the past 8 months. Honestly, we just feel honored to be part of her world. She rocks.
2. We're thankful for our amazing sister Stacey. You guys have no idea how much crap she's roped into on a day-to-day basis. Need a cute gift to send your editor who just had a baby? Call Stacey. Need someone to video tape your random ass Vlog? Call Stacey. Need someone to watch your kids while you get your eyebrows waxed? Call Stacey. She's the best sister ever and we're not just saying that because she gave us Kindles and took us to the spa.
1. We're thankful for all of the important people in our lives, especially our kids (when they're not actively trying to kill one another), our parents (when they're not trying to guilt us into social events), our husbands (when they're not saying stupid things) and our real life friends (all of the time). We're really lucky to be surrounded by some truly amazing people and we thank God for each and every one of them every single day.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!