1. We're filming our book trailer Sunday and it involves one of the Roecker sisters traipsing around in a
"school girl uniform" while being photographed by our father. Wrong on so many levels.
2. Said "school girl uniform" was purchased from a second hand store and is made by Limited Two. Needless to say it doesn't zip.
3. We spend approximately two hours every day on the phone obsessing about things that we have absolutely no control over. It goes something like this:
Laura: So, if you had to like guess, what do you think our Amazon rank will be the first week THE LIAR SOCIETY is out?
Lisa: Hmm...I don't know. I mean, wouldn't it be amazing to break 50,000? Do you think we'll get good reviews on Amazon?
Laura: I don't know. I mean, maybe right? People might really like our book, you know?
The hallmarks of these conversations are the words "I don't know." You know why we don't know? Because neither of us can predict the future. I just wish we could figure out a way to stop talking about it already.
4. We are obsessed with The Story Siren's 2011 Debut Author Challenge. Some participants have actually listed THE LIAR SOCIETY as a book they want to read in 2011. It never gets old. We keep sending links back and forth to each other because we're in shock that people we don't know actually want to read our book. Crazy.
5. I got a big old Amazon package in the mail yesterday with MOSTLY GOOD GIRLS, which I'm dying to crack open (among a few others), I have yet to finish REVOLUTION (which I still really love) and I'm listening to ARE YOU THERE GOD, IT'S ME VODKA in the car (which is so, so wrong, but so, so funny). Will my to-be-read pile ever shrink?
Spill it...what's your truth this Tuesday?
P.S.: Check it out...ahh Black Friday...