5. NaNo isn't for the faint of heart. AND there are two of us! Bravo to you solitary NaNo-ers out there. We thought 2,000 words every other day was hard. We can't imagine not being able to ship off our nonsense with a "fix this" message. Thank God for writing partners.
4. We LOVE the new Senior Editor at Sourcebooks, Leah Hultenschmidt. Love. Love. Love. Total raging girl crush. You'll understand completely when you see some of the stuff we've got cooking for THE LIAR SOCIETY. It's genius. GENIUS! Even better, she blogs!!! Commence cyberstalking immediately.
3. Know who else we love? Leila Sales. Not only is she chatting live with her rockstar agent, Stephen Barbara and fielding all your nosy questions about her debut novel MOSTLY GOOD GIRLS, she's also giving away a signed copy and a killer "mix CD that has nothing to do with my book. It's just that the only thing I am capable of providing, other than books, are mix CDs." Awesome. If you participate in the chat and leave a comment on the WriteOnCon blog post, you're automatically entered to win! We'll announce the lucky winner LIVE on November 15th immediately following the 9 EST chat. Be there.
2. And we've finally figured out who we want to be when we grow up. Read this post and you'll understand completely. I mean, don't we all want to be able to tell the story of how we went from slinging burritos and stalking female basketball stars to New York Times Bestselling authors?
1. Turns out fun size Snickers really do satisfy you. Particularly when you eat 7 of them in one sitting. Now that's fun.
Have a fab weekend everyone! As always, we'll be back next week with more nonsense.
Be sure to stop by and congratulate our phenomenal agent sister, Katy Longshore, on the sale of her debut novel GILT, the story of teenage Queen, Catherine Howard, told in a vibrant and contemporary voice, the first in a series of novels set in the court of Henry V111 (And yes, it has been brought to our attention by copy editor extraordinaire, Matthew Rush, that it should read Henry XVIII, but Katy had it this way on her blog and it's kind of grown on us. It reminds me of VH1 and that makes me happy. Speaking of VHI, does that channel even exist anymore? What the hell happened to VHI and why haven't I watched it since 2004?), to Kendra Levin at Viking Children's, at auction, in a three-book deal, for publication in Fall 2012.
Selfishly we're just really excited that she's getting published so we can read it! Congrats Katy!!!!
So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...
1. I have 10 minutes before the kids come home after their last day of school and instead of showering, I'm blogging. This is a terrible...
Now, if that's not the definition of perky, I don't know what is. Okay, let's face it, being perky, like Kelly Ripa perky, e...