2. Bitch sessions on Skype are cheaper than therapy. It's true. Instant messaging provides a 24/7 outlet for our writerly angst. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
3. We're not at SCBWI LA and we're bitter. To see just how bitter, check out our guest blog over at Market My Words.
4. WriteOnCon is going to be AMAZING. We've been reading the faculty lectures and watching the vlogs as they come in and you guys are going to be blown away. August 10 - 12th, it's free so even poor writers like us have no excuse not to be there.
5. Jennifer Love Hewitt has a new nickname, thank you random commenter on UsMagazine.com. According to an amazingly astute commenter who goes by the name "???" J. Love has been dubbed Jennifer Love Desperate. Awesome on so many levels. According to the caption on this photo "Jennifer Love Hewitt cuddled with a dog Tuesday in Beverly Hills." What it should have said, "Jennifer Love Desperate spent three hours with a team of 10 stylists to achieve a casual, just chilling look and then stole someone's dog in order to entice the paparazzi into taking her picture after her publicist had paid them to show up." P.S. I'm DYING to see The Client List. How have I not seen this movie yet?
Have a fabulous weekend everyone! May it be filled with trashy television and fabulous books...and, in our case, AMAZING queries!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our amazing beta reading bestie Loretta Nyhan. To celebrate Loretta is giving away all kinds of amazing prizes on her blog including a full manuscript critique. You guys are crazy if you don't go over there and enter. We would be completely lost without Loretta's amazing insight on our work. So get over there, follow her blog and wish her a happy birthday!
Is she still considered famous? Still working? I will admit her hair looks kind of nice here but I'm a dude so what do I know, right?
Today's guest blogger is Rose Cooper!
Amen on all points, girls. I especially must hold back my evil, jealous, mean girl side when it comes to SCBWI :) I'm hoping for redemption when WriteOnCon comes along! Enjoy the weekend!
1. I'm inexplicably angry at that dog for getting in the way of J-Love's cleavage.
2. You may have convinced me to sign up for Write-on Con, if only for the opportunity to say fabulously inappropriate things and offend multitudes of agents and other writers simultaneously.
3. I say *may* have convinced, because I'd need to talk my wife into letting me putz around on the computer for, like, an entire weekend while she takes care of the three kiddos (all under the age of 5). You can see how that'd be a hard sell.
4. Although, not to dog online writercons, but how the hell do you manage to have awkward end-of-conference banquets where you force normally shy writers sit next to one another and make polite conversation while they wait for someone else to get the conference awards? I think that's a distinct disadvantage you have there.
5. On the plus side, I could attend a conference in the nude with very little loss of dignity. That might be the deciding factor, actually.
WriteonCon does look awesome. Now I REALLY want to write YA. :)
I love the look of utter WTFWHOISTHISCHICK on that dog's face.
haha! Oh gosh, I haven't seen Jennifer round for yonkers (ok, I know that's not a word, but I think, in my mind is means, ages.)
Enjoy the queries! SOOO looking forward to your feedback. Ever since I read your guest post on Matt's I've been dying to get your feedback! So pleased!
Woohoo for amazing queries!!!!
I will definitely check out writeoncon. Like I just may do it right now even.
Just entered Loretta's contest.
And, I'm totally part of your pity party. I wanna be in LA!! Waaaah!
I love how knowledgeable you both are. Hee... Great contest from Loretta. Me not ready, though, so good luck to whoever enters.
I was so excited about WriteOnCon, but I just found out that the hubs had to change his vacation from next week to the week of the conference. Grr... I'll do my best to participate, but I'm unsure now. This sucks.
Enjoy your weekend, ladies.
I can't wait for WriteOnCon! And yes, the Jennifer Love Hewitt photo op was so staged by her publicist, but that dog is adorable :)
I don't know why but the major french television stations buy up some of the worst american tv imaginable. My husband doesn't understand why I've never seen every episode of DALLAS or Dukes of Hazard. And every lifetime made for tv movie imagineable is shown dubbed over in french during daytime slots. With that in mind, yes, I've watched Ghost Whisperer three seasons late and dubbed over in french. I don't even know if its still on in the U.S. And that pic of JL looks completely contrived. lol.
WriteOnCon is going to be fabulous... and I'm out of town for it! But at least there are archives :)
You two have a great weekend, too!
SCBWI? Maybe next year for me, but I'll be participating in WriteOnCon!
I'm jealous of all going to SCBWI LA. But I'm so excited to be attending WriteOnCon!!
When Jennifer LH went on the talk show circuit a few years back, she told people to call her "Love."
That's slightly desperate/annoying.
twizzlers and prosecco, girls?
Yep, I am at home, too.
Wanted to go, but just could not justify it with school right around the corner.
(I always wanted to write that...."le sigh"...like I am French or something...)
I have to check out skype! Hey free therapy is great, lol!
Have a great weekend!
Jennifer Love Desperate. LOL. I've always disliked her, but for some reason I can't help but watch Heartbreakers anytime it is on. ust be Sigourney and Jason Lee that make her acting seem acceptable.
I have to say AGAIN that y'all's guest blogspot on Querypolitan was genius!
PS my eyes are dilated. Just in case I have a typo.
I refuse to listen to this slanderous J.love hate!!
How can you resist the tears, people? She is only trying to help...desperately...
I also really want to see her portray a hooker in The Client List. I wonder if it made her happy to land a role where instead of people going, they are...arriving.
I love you guys! Really. I don't think I've told you that lately. Or maybe I have. You are both way too awesomesauce for words.
WriteOnCon = Woo-hoo! :-)
I feel you guys on the not being in LA bitterness. I'm right with ya on that one!
Poor J Love. She's so pretty. What happened to her?
Ummmmmm...if you'll pay a visit to my blog I think you'll discover you've been tagged! :)
This should be interesting!
I can't wait for the WriteOnCon!!! it's going to be awesome.
J. Love is desperate? Well, at least she still have great hair.
First off, I feel badly every time I leave a comment that I'm contributing to your overflowing inbox.
Secondly - clearly I've been off the computer too much because I didn't even know what WriteOn Con was. Is it just for kid lit, or do us writers for old people get to joing in? I've clicked over and can't find any discrimination clause, so I'll spend the rest of my weekend looking through it all hoping I can be there too!!
I'm only a tiny bit bitter... not that I can't go to LA but that there doesn't seem to be a conference for me at all!! Maybe that's good, since I don't have the money anyway!
Ooooh... could you imagine a coat made of words? It would be amazing!
Awesome guest post!! I'm so bitter too. Beyond bitter. Next year, girls. We will be there, and it will be EPIC.
I am bitter too, lol.
Ugh, I am bitter also. Maybe someday I'll be at all these awesome conferences and events.
I do like her hair, I have to admit. Money well spent people, money well spent. Ha ha. Right.
Not at SCBWI LA? Check.
In a foul mood because of it? Check.
Yah, nothing like not going to a conference because you haven't written enough to justify the expense...
Though the guilt has forced me to actually open the MS again, and that, I suppose, is good...
Poor Jennifer. I saw her on a flight back from Hawaii a few years ago and she was doing an excellent job of not being recognized so that she and her bf could have time alone.
Post a Comment