1. Lisa had her first official drop off at school with all three kids. Apparently it involved a whole lot of lollygagging, screaming and "shiny eyes" (/sh-eye-nee/ ahy-s: adjective, noun, plural 1. When Lisa's son's big, old brown eyes gloss over with unshed tears after internalizing angry words from his mom.) There goes her shot at Mother of the Year.
2. One week shy of giving birth, Lisa and I created a new document and wrote chapter number one. It's a hot mess of like 10 different ideas we've had over the past 6 months. This should be interesting. Just don't tell her husband. I'm not supposed to encourage her.
3. Parenthood is one of my favorite shows. The music is amazing, the story lines are tight and the acting top notch. When I sit down to watch TV, it's the first show I cue up on my DVR. Even before Glee. There, I said it. Now go set record.
These just in from Lisa via phone:
4. I'm reading CONFESSIONS OF THE SULLIVAN SISTERS and it rocks. Hard. Review coming soon. And can we talk about the cover? There's no way I'd see this at a bookstore and not pick it up. It's like this book was written and marketed for me. Well, a 16-year-old version of me.
5. I've officially booked my first post-baby outing. I'm going to see The Social Network on Sunday and I could not be more excited. Okay, full disclosure - the friend I'm going with has been known to smuggle wine in water bottles into movie theaters which may or may not be contributing to my excitement levels. Hey, don't judge, it was a LONG 9 months.
Have a fab weekend everyone!