1. I just finished THE DEMON'S COVENANT and holy wow. I really enjoyed THE DEMON'S LEXICON and I have to say I think I liked the second book in the trilogy even more. Loretta Nyhan sent it to me last summer and I'm actually really glad it took me so long to pick it up because now I only have to wait a week for THE DEMON'S SURRENDER. Whut. Whut.
2. SUPER excited for a mega surprise party tonight. My husband finished his MBA last week so the kids and I have spent all day making him ridiculous signs and all of his favorite foods and we're all going to yell surprise when he walks in the door. That's the part the kids are the most excited about. Worried that I'm totally blowing the surprise by blogging about it? Don't be. The blog completely freaks my husband out. He's all, "Who are all those people who comment and do you really need to be telling people about our son's poop?"
3. I have a lot of required reading this weekend and I'm so pumped. There's a very small part of me that fantasizes about deleting our blog and twitter accounts, deactivating all of our email addresses and pretending that we never, ever decided to write books. And then I would go to the library and pick out a HUGE stack of books, all written by authors I've never met and never intend to meet. I'd devour them all and never write a single book review. But then I remember how much I love reading books by friends and blogging and tweeting and emailing and writing and I realize my fantasy kind of sucks.
4. I start my job on Monday and I'm slightly terrified. What if I suck? What if my kids hate their camps? What if I don't have time to work out or read or watch Happy Endings? What if I cry? What if people I work with read this blog? *cue head explosion here*
5. Laura has agreed to fill in as interim childcare until camp starts. I'm scared for the children. I'm scared for me. But most of all, I'm scared for Laura. Giddy. Up.