1. I singlehandedly talked Laura and the Regulator into taking a road trip to the Ikea in Pittsburgh so I could buy some new toy storage shelves for our basement. We drove there in the middle of a whiteout and returned with a car stuffed with plants and a sofa table. As of 11:19 PM, neither of our husbands are speaking to us. This has nothing to do with our poor judgement in purchases, but rather the driving through the snowpocolypse for Swedish houseplants.
2. After cleaning out the basement in preparation for shelves that I inexplicably decided not to purchase, I had a ton of toys and baby gear to give away. Laura talked me into driving it to a children's resale shop near her house. The first haul went great and ended with a big, fat $150 check. I had to take the second haul to a different store and after driving over an hour and unloading an absurd amount of baby gear, the teenager at the counter told me that all of my stuff was complete crap and they had no use for anything except a toy tool bench and a princess water color set. She handed me $7.10 in cash and told me that I needed to start taking all of the unwanted items back to my car. I pocketed the money, asked her if I could pull the car around and then peeled out of the parking lot. There was no way in hell I was loading all that crap back into my trunk. Came home to a message that they were going to give everything to charity unless I came back to pick it up. Be my guest judgy cashier. Be my guest.
3. I have an enormous crush on The Property Brothers.
4. I'm going to cry if the snowpocolypse results in school being cancelled tomorrow.
5. I purchased (and used) nasal spray from The Dollar General. I'm pretty sure the chemicals are going to eat away my septum and I'll wake up with one large nasal cavity tomorrow morning.
6. I only read one book over my Christmas vacation. Huge, giant FAIL.
7. This is the first time I've turned on my computer since December 20th.
8. Ken got an iPad for Christmas and I have stolen it for my own nefarious uses. Pinterest on an iPad = crack laced with heroin.
9. I purchased a faux fur coat that I like to think of as my Miss Havisham jacket. At first I wasn't going to buy it, but Laura convinced me that I could wear it with yoga pants. It sheds a little, but it's warm and it makes me feel like a well-fed Rachel Zoe.
10. I missed you guys on my internet hiatus, but it feels good to be back! XOXO