Thursday, September 18, 2008

Obsession...

Ok, so as you all know we're in the final stages of editing our first novel. This has been an incredible process so far. I think we just feel really lucky to have good readers (and good friends!) who have been so willing to read and critique our 55,000 word book.

Lately, our work on getting the book finalized has bordered on obsession. It's all I can talk about, all I can think about, and pretty much sucking up every free moment of time I have. Well, all of my free time that I'm not spending watching trashy tv anyways.

I have no idea if this is normal or not because I'm not a professional writer and I don't know any professional writers, but for some reason I feel this huge amount of pressure to finish this book and send it out to potential agents. I guess it's just wanting to know one way or the other if our book is actually any good.

Anyways, thanks to those of you who have been providing edits and helping us put the finishing touches on our book. Soon enough we'll be querying agents and then the real fun will begin....

No comments:

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...