Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Bookanistas: A Touch Mortal

I read A Touch Mortal over the course of a few days. That's right. We're launching our debut novel, I'm baptizing my son this weekend, I *still* haven't watched this week's Glee and I finished this book in 48 hours.

Here's what the back cover has to say:


Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end.

LiLa's TakeA Touch Mortal is a dark, action packed, thriller definitely more suited to the older YA crowd. Leah Clifford's take on angels is completely unique and the world she built in her debut novel was nothing short of fascinating. It's not a light read in any sense of the word, but between a well paced plot and the heat between Az and Eden, I couldn't put this one down.

And as a bonus, we've had the opportunity to get to know Leah this past year through our Cleveland book club. It's absolutely fascinating to know an author and then read their work. We've heard Leah and others talking about the book and their favorite parts and couldn't wait to have our own turn. Now if we could just get our hands on that sequel...

Here's what the other Bookanistas are up to this week:



Click here to join The Bookanista Book Club at The Reading Room where you can check out all the books we're buzzing about! AND as an added bonus, if you become a member of The Bookanista Book Club before March 15th you'll be entered to win a finished copy of The Liar Society!

On a sad note, our thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family of the amazing L.K. Madigan. She had a profound impact on so many lives and she will be missed. Click here to read more about Lisa.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

48 hours = Uber Awesome.

Yay for the baptism.

Yay for the big release day.

Yay for my fabulous pink hair.

Tracey Neithercott said...

Hm... A book in 48 hours, a baptism, a book release, and no Glee? I'm also guessing there's been no sleep and no food. :)

Renae said...

So excited for your book release! My copy is pre-ordered and I can't wait to read it!

Thanks for the review of A Touch Mortal it must be good if you read it that quick!

Christine Fonseca said...

Great review...and AHHHHHHHH for your big release!

Jessi said...

You ladies are truly amazing multi-taskers! Great review and exciting week!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

The fact that you finished it in 48 hours with a new baby is enough to convince me!! :-)

Hilary Wagner said...

This sounds awesome! I love the cover too? How the heck do you read so fast?? I read so SLOW!!!

You guys are nuts! Now please, take a breather! ;)

xoxo -- Hilary

Misha Gerrick said...

Hmmm... Sounds like an awesome story. :-D

Good luck with everything.

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Ahh! I'm dying to read this!

On another note, I think you have perhaps underextended yourself. Are you sure you have enough to keep you busy over the next week? I mean, I can send some laundry your way if you're getting bored. :P

My heart goes out to LK's family and loved ones. It's a tragic loss.

Tere Kirkland said...

Haven't finished this one yet, but I'm about to go to lunch and keep going. Love the cover.

Great review!

erica m. chapman said...

LOVE this one. I'm almost done with it and started it a couple days ago myself!! I had the pleasure of meeting Leah and she's super awesome!!

Counting down to your release! Got my pink extensions all ready to be clipped in!

Elana Johnson said...

Can't wait to get my hands on this one! Hope you survive the next few days...

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like an awesome book! Thanks for the tip - and I love the cover!

On a side note, I finally got Twitter to allow me to update my avatar - I'm now pinkified too :)

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...