9. Stacey's giving away a $50 Poochie Prints gift certificate, click here to enter. (FYI, the little girl in the orange dress holding up her art work is Lisa's daughter Mia. Yeah, on top of being an amazing artist Stacey also takes amazing photographs.)
8. In China, 9 is considered a really lucky number. So 09/09/09? A really lucky day. Throw us a bone here, we're grasping at straws.
7. According to Yahoo!, "Any grade-schooler could tell you, for example, that the sum of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. So 9x3=27, and 2+7=9. " Really Yahoo!? Any grade-schooler? I guess I was sick that day. The article continues, "Multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. For example: 9x62 = 558; 5+5+8=18; 1+8=9. Sept. 9 also happens to be the 252nd day of the year (2 + 5 +2)...Loving 9." Kind of cool. Right? Right?
6. The Beatles: Rock Band comes out today. No, we're not "gamers." The last video game controller we held were old school Nintendo ones when we were playing one of 50 illegal games on a single cartridge our dad bought from some sketchball neighbor. It was created in Japan, so all the text was in Japanese. We still thought it was really cool and used to show it off when friends came over. Yeah, we're old.
5. Apple is hosting a top-secret iPod event today. Now that Lisa is a born-again Mac user (Laura, your resentment is delicious), she's up for all things Apple. Plus, top-secret= bad ass.
4. Apparently it's Good Energy Day and, thankfully, I stumbled upon this interesting little video created in celebration of it. According to the person who created this video (who may or may not be bat shit crazy), NASA is taking a picture of the earth today at 9:09 am. The idea is that if everyone thinks a good thought at that moment the earth will glow a little brighter? Um, yeah...you be the judge. I guess, it doesn't hurt to think good thoughts though. And, am I the only one who thinks this video is off the charts on the unintentional comedy scale?
3. It's Hugh Grant's birthday. I wonder if he'll celebrate with a hooker? Okay, kidding, kidding. That was a low blow. Sorry Hugh. Happy birthday though. You're in some of my favorite movies of all time including Love Actually and Notting Hill. Say what you will about Hugh Grant, he does the bumbling English guy better than anybody.
2. It's Republic Day in North Korea which means it's yet another prime opportunity for Laura to get her ass over there and get us a book deal. I mean let's just say theoretically that Laura got herself arrested for walking around in a United States flag bikini and a tiara (of course) on Republic Day and ended up in a North Korean jail for a few months. I'm sure Bill Clinton would bust her out eventually and we'd wind up with a sweet book deal. You're welcome, Laura. If you guys notice she's absent from the blog, you'll know why.
1. Glee premiers tonight! And it's going to rock. Hard. Set your DVRs.