1. Our blog has a PG-13-rating.
The first time we took the quiz we got a solid R-rating which was sort of hilarious because we're two of the biggest prudes on the planet.
Laura and I were laughing so hard we were crying last night when we were talking about how teenage girls love bad boys and one of the bad boys in our book used to smoke. Of course we made it VERY clear that he quit because we just couldn't stand the thought of young adults reading our book and thinking that smoking was cool.
We might as well have put him on the patch and had him give a lecture about what Cancerous lungs look like, but we're actually OK with that. We are many, many things. Edgy is not one of them.
2. A questionnaire for potential mom friends would be extraordinarily helpful for screening purposes. Now that preschool is back in session Jack is meeting new friends and some of them are asking to have play dates. Now the thing about preschool play dates is that it's also a mom date too, and sometimes (OK, usually) it doesn't go smoothly.
Like that time when crazy germaphobe mom said she'd never put her kids in childcare because she was worried about them picking up bad habits. The entire time she was talking I was blithely watching Jack body slam her son on a bouncy toy. News flash lady, if you're looking to avoid bad habits, play dates with my kids are probably NOT the best idea.
Or the time when Jack and his bestie locked someone's daughter in a closet and the mom told his preschool teacher who then separated Jack and his evil twin into two different classes. You're killing me lady, the number one rule of play dates is that what happens on play dates, STAYS on play dates.
Anyways, here's a little quiz for moms that might rule out any future awkwardness on play dates:
- Are you comfortable letting your children play unsupervised?
- Are you comfortable drinking wine with your children present?
- Are your children poorly behaved and are you clueless about disciplining them?
- Do you have other interests aside from your child and/or scrapbooking?
- Do you regularly watch Bravo or the CW?
If you have answered "no" to more than one of the questions above, thanks for applying, but we won't be able to do that play date. Ever.
3. We have a new music inspired D-Bag-O-Meter (patent pending). Based on Kanye's heinous outburst at the VMA's and Josh Groban's hilarious cameo on Glee, we've created a brand new D-Bag-O-Meter.
It's just too perfect. Kanye and Josh are both exceedingly talented individuals, but Kanye takes himself WAY too seriously.
Seth Meyer's commentary on SNL's weekend update sums it up perfectly, "And really, Kanye, it's just a Video Music Award. They don't really matter. Just to give you a word of advice, if you ever see an old lady holding a 'World's Best Grandma' mug and you think you know a better grandma don't slap it out of her hand."
Kanye, you are such a D-Bag.
Meanwhile Josh Groban was freaking hilarious on Glee. Who knew that he's both uber talented and not afraid to make fun of himself? Awesome. Quintessential non-douche.
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!