Things I don't need to see in your Facebook Status:
- Details about your current medical conditions, including (but not limited to) stretch marks and/or visits to your psychiatrist.
- Random lyrics from songs in the 90's. Sadly, I already remember that Vanilla Ice was too cold without your daily reminder.
- Pictures of you or your spouse giving birth. Does this really need an explanation?
- Photos of your children dressed in Ed Hardy. That's child abuse. Your kids are too young to know they shouldn't be dressed like that in public.
- How much beer you've consumed in the last 24 hours. Keep it to yourself. Haven't you heard the term "private shame?"
- References to "getting back in the saddle" after giving birth. Come on people! Have you no dignity? Are there no details too personal? It's just wrong. WRONG.
Here's the big question for all of you aspiring authors out there: For those of you with Facebook accounts that you use for professional purposes, what the heck do you post? Laura and I are a little terrified of outing ourselves on Facebook because we'll get a mix of random high school frienemies and fun writer friends following us, and while our close friends and family know that we're aspiring writers, the rest of the world does not.