In honor of October 13th, HUSH, HUSH's release, we've compiled a list of thirteen reasons why we're a little obsessed with this book.
13. Becca not only has fabulous taste in shoes, she's also got great taste in literary agents. At least we think so...*ahem*
12. HUSH, HUSH has the best book trailer. Ever. Hot angel falling from the sky. Lightning. Hot angel falling again. It doesn't get much better than that.
11. Have you seen the cover of this book? (Hint: the answer is YES, we posted it above. You're welcome.) It's a work of art. Seriously. And let's face it, the people who tell you not to judge a book by it's cover, usually have really lame covers. Just sayin'.
10. Writer porn. Watching Emily Meehan, the editor for HUSH, HUSH, gush about the book is incredible. She knew a good thing when she read it and she simply had to have the book. This is the stuff dreams are made of, well, our dreams anyways.
9. Vampires are so last season. Becca is about to do for angels what Stephanie Meyer did for vampires. Get excited.
8. More writer porn. Becca's road to publication is a pretty amazing story. If you haven't already checked out her blog you've got to get over there. She's always giving away free stuff and sharing snippets about life as a published author.
7. Sexual tension. Becca's book is full of it. As you read, you remember what it's like to be a hormonal high schooler crushing on the bad boy who's just out of reach. So basically, the book takes years off. Kind of like Botox only without the needles.
6. HUSH, HUSH leaves you begging for a sequel. And, we're all in luck because Becca's working on CRESCENDO as we speak! Gotta love a series.
5. Unlike us, Becca has a way with titles. First HUSH, HUSH and then CRESCENDO? What will she come up with next? Ooh, I know, maybe a new title for our WIP? Please?
4. Becca is pretty much the nicest person ever. You might want to hate Becca because she's written an amazing book and you're totally jealous, but it's impossible. Way back when we were deciding between agents, Catherine passed along Becca's information so we could get a feel for how she works with her clients. Becca was so enthusiastic and friendly and has turned into a great resource for us as we ride the submissions roller coaster. Becca rocks.
3. If you haven't noticed, HUSH, HUSH is getting a lot of well-deserved buzz. Just check out these mailers Simon and Schuster sent out. Um, yeah, they may be the coolest things we've ever seen. We're NOT scrapbookers, but if we got our paws on one of those, we may just get out the old glue gun. Well, we would if we had one.
2. Have you read the reviews? People are LOVING this book. Click here, here and here to read all about what other (more qualified) reviewers are saying about HUSH, HUSH.
Drum roll please..
1. The number one reason we love HUSH, HUSH is because of a little character named Patch. He's dark. He's mysterious. He's extremely well-written. Oh and he's hot. He's pretty much Jordan Catalano with wing scars and you know how we feel about Jordan Catalano. The scenes with Patch in them will take you right back to high school when your life revolved around stalking the hot, totally unattainable, slightly dangerous guy who sat next to you in Biology.
So, if you haven't already done so, do yourself a favor and buy HUSH, HUSH. This way when everyone starts talking about it you'll have something to contribute. You can thank us later.
Congratulations Becca and happy release day!