Um... You did ask, right? Okay. Just checking. 'Cause I'm just going to go stream of consciousness here...
1. Why don't we see teenage zombies in love in books if we've got werewolves and vampires and stuff having heart palpitations all over the place?
Zombies are distinctly unloveable. We think it has something to do with the fact that they're comprised of rotting flesh. BUT...perhaps this is a gap in the market? Idea whore file here we come...
2. Why do you guys live in Ohio? Seriously. I know what Ohio's like. I've been to Youngstown.
Dude, haven't you seen the tourism videos? Cleveland ROCKS. Um, and two words for you: free babysitting. All of our relatives live here. Doesn't get much better than that.
3. If I ask questions in stream-of-consciousness mode, what are the odds that one's going to pop out that you'll actually answer?
4. Wouldn't your vlogs be funnier if you wrote soundtracks and choreographed dance numbers for them?
Why, yes, yes they would be. But they'd also be humiliating and potentially damaging to our reputation as serious authors who write serious books and take themselves very seriously. Yeah, we totally couldn't get through that last part without laughing.
5. Why haven't you watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog yet, if NPH is one of your favorite people ever?
Dammit. I love me some Neil Patrick Harris and I have no good answer for this question. I will watch it this week and post a review. Pinky swear promise.
6. Did you see NPH in the superbowl commercials last night? And if so, did you call that number? You know you did. What happened when you called it?
Um, you know we're allergic to football, right? Totally missed the commercials. I was watching Emma on PBS. Sadly, Mr. Knightly didn't hold up signs with toll free numbers, but if he did I totally would have called.
7. Am I going to run out of odd questions before my fingers get tired of typing?
*Waits patiently for Simon to answer his own question*
9. Should I keep going till I reach ten random questions?
Looks like we're sort of committed at this point. I mean we could stop at nine, but ten is such a nice, round number.
10. Why don't you say "douche" in your blog posts? You can totally get away with it, y'know.
Here's the thing, our book is going to be marketed to "savvy tweens." We're guessing these faceless young women are probably familiar with the term "douche-bag," but we figure we might be slightly less offensive to their parents if we continue to use the "d-bag" euphemism. This is just one of the many little white lies we like to tell ourselves.
11. If you could have lunch with any YA author, living or dead, what would you get to drink?
First off, we'd totally have lunch with Simone Elkeles. We have a girl crush on her right now. Have you seen her book trailer for PERFECT CHEMISTRY? She totally seems like our kind of girl, no? Also, I'm in the middle of LEAVING PARADISE right now and it rocks.
Anyways, I think it goes without saying what we'd be drinking at lunch with Simone. Prosecco! Duh.
Er.. there. You're welcome.
Thanks for playing Simon!
Do you have any questions you're just dying to have us answer? Send us an e-mail at lisa-laura(at)live.com. Come on, you know you want to...