Lisa had a migraine and started a blog post I was supposed to finish. This is what happens when she leaves me to my own devices. It's like she went into labor all over again...
1. Just this past weekend I bragged that I've never had to deal with a pukey kid. I even went so far as to knock on wood. Lydia threw up all day yesterday.
2. During a playdate someone cued up Toy Story. Lydia's eyes bugged out and she said, "Mommy! Those toys are talking!" Apparently, we live under a rock. Or we don't own a DVD player. Or both.
3. We are having some work done on our house right now so a contractor has taken over the kitchen. Lydia went to the bathroom the other night and refused to let me pull up her pants. She wanted the contractor to see her underwear. Um...NO.
4. My cell phone does absolutely nothing but make phone calls. Lisa jokes that it's a Jitterbug. Lydia got her little paws on a friend's iPhone and proceeded to foam at the mouth while pushing all sorts of buttons. Apparently squishing ants and flipping through alphabet flash cards is toddler crack.
5. Lydia, Jack and Mia are obsessed with playing "light up swords," which means they go in a dark room with flashlights and jump around like crazy people. Today at Target marks the second time Lydia's said, "Hmm...that's a light up sword" referring to a person walking with a cane.
Sorry, Lisa, I just couldn't resist.
Any good truths out there this Tuesday?