You might remember us going all fangirl over DECEPTION (Book 1 in The Haunting Emma series) last year. There was snark, a totally new take on ghosts and a killer mystery. It was love at page 1. What we didn't love was having to wait AN ENTIRE YEAR for the next book in the series, BETRAYAL. The good news is, it's FINALLY here! BETRAYAL will hit shelves March 1st and you guys are gonna love it.
We LOVED this book and here's why you're going to love it too:
1. Emma is just as fun and smart and spunky in BETRAYAL as she was in DECEPTION. My very favorite thing about Emma is that she never, ever falls into that tired damsel-in-distress routine that we see in so many YA paranormal novels. She never stops kicking ass and she never wallows. Love. Her.
2. The mystery is well crafted with loads of twists and turns. Trust me, you will NOT be able to predict how this one ends.
3. Bennett. *Sigh* Bennett. So. Dreamy. Even when he's being mean and distant he's STILL dreamy. He'll totally make you swoon.
4. There are ghost jocks and they're hilarious. Well, they're hilarious if you like jokes about the male anatomy and really, who doesn't?
5. Emma was kind of on her own in the first book, but this time around we get to see her become a part of a real team and it's AWESOME. One ghost keeper was cool, but a whole team of them? Bad. Ass.
STILL don't believe me? Think I'm biased or lame? Well, check out what Kirkus had to say. Those dudes NEVER lie. And they're kind of mean. So rest assured that if they liked it, you'll LOVE it.
You should also know that we have a raging girl crush on Lee Nichols. She's one of those uber cool established authors who is fun, approachable and extremely generous with her time. You guys all need to start stalking her. Like immediately. Click here to follow her blog and here to stalk her via Twitter. And if you haven't read DECEPTION yet (Um, what are you doing reading our lame blog?!? GO READ THAT BOOK. *Ahem*) Lee is giving away 5 copies on Goodreads. Enter! Enter!
Here's what the other Bookanistas are up to this week!