1. Let's not bury the lead here, today we are GIVING AWAY a copy of DECEPTION (HAUNTING EMMA) by Lee Nichols. To enter all you have to do is be a follower and leave your best ghost story in the comments. The contest is open until 11:59 PM on Sunday June 6th. Trust me, you want to enter this contest and if you don't win, you absolutely need to order the book immediately. It's that good. Seriously.
2. It's a ghost story. And who doesn't love a good ghost story? I dare you not to want to read this book after you've read the following description from Amazon.com: When Emma's parents disappear she finds herself in the hands of a new guardian—her college-age "knight in J.Crew armor," Bennett Stern. But she can't shake the strange visions that are haunting her. She has memories she can't explain, and Emma doesn't trust anyone anymore—except maybe Bennett. But he's about to reveal a ghostly secret to Emma. One that will explain the visions . . . and make Emma fear for her life.
3. Emma ROCKS. I mean, I love her. She's so funny, fresh, independent and self-assured--all of the qualities so many YA heroines seem to lack these days.
4. The romance. I don't want to give anything away, but let's just say that the romantic tension JUMPS off the page in this book. It's always fun to read a novel that reminds you what it's like to fall in love for the first time and DECEPTION definitely delivers.
5. You're going to want to know what happens next. DECEPTION is the first book in a series and trust me when I say you're really going to want to know what happens next. The ending of this book made me want to jump up and down and scream. And then it made me want to read the next book in the series. Immediately.
So, you've got your orders:
1. Enter our contest to win DECEPTION by leaving a ghostly comment on this post and following our blog.
2. Check back on Monday to see if you've won.
3. If you don't win, order your copy of DECEPTION immediately.
4. Read the book and e-mail me so we can dish about it. I can't wait to hear what you guys think!