1. Veronica Roth is a genius. On May 3, 2011 you will find out why (have you preordered yet?!). The remainder of my list is the result of her genius. And buckle up. I predict a whole lot of Divergent-inspired posts in our future.
2. I have a lot of fears. Like a lot, a lot.
- Transportation accidents (planes, cars, boats) really anything that I'm not driving. I am the WORST backseat driver on the planet and my husband wants to kill me.
- Germs. In a rest stop bathroom I witnessed a little girl crawling under a bathroom stall, bare hands on floor. Her mom didn't wash her hands. I am scarred for life.
- Heights. First time on top of the John Hancock building. I was short of breath. It might have had something to do with Veronica's imagination as well.
- Bridges (especially over water)
- Kidnappers (and adult-nappers)
- Burglars (particularly those after my laptop)
- SEE? And I really could continue. My fear landscape is not a good place to be.
4. Despite the fact that I can barely turn around in a moving car or else I'll puke, I finished Veronica's almost 500 page book to and from Chicago. I guess a great book prevents motion sickness. It also reduces backseat driving. My husband thanks you, V.
5. I now have a severe case of end-of-book-depression. I might require some sort of intervention. Veronica, do you need a beta reader?