Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tell the Truth Tuesday, Belated Birthday Style


Truth #1: I am the absolute WORST at remembering birthdays (all of my friends know this firsthand). The only person who may rival my complete lack of birthday recollection is Lisa.*

Truth #2: I did not forget Lisa's birthday. I knew it was October 17th, I woke up yesterday preparing to make my annual birthday phone call and did in fact wish my big sister a Happy Birthday on time (as opposed to waiting until 10 PM like I did last year). I just dropped the blog ball.

Truth #3: I am spoiled. Lisa loves the blog. It's her baby. I can turn in every night and sleep easy knowing the blog is taken care of and can request a post here or there when I really have something to say (like on Bookanista days or, I don't know, BIRTHDAYS).

Truth #4: I felt a very real sense of shame when I logged on yesterday morning and realized I hadn't even considered writing a special post for my poor sister's birthday. Lisa deserves a break on her birthday of all days and I failed. Miserably.

Truth #5: In an effort to appease my extreme guilt I looked up my birthday from last year** and realized Lisa had done the same thing. I breathed a sigh of relief knowing I was in good company. Plus, I pulled an all-nighter for her 30th, so that has to count for something three years later, right?

So, without further ado, I'm officially wishing my big sister a happy birthday on the blog like I should have yesterday. I love you Lis and hope you enjoyed your crock pot roast beef birthday dinner. Yum.

*We've decided that anyone who wants to be friends with us needs to know upfront that we will probably forget their birthdays and really any other special day thoughtful people remember. In addition, we will most definitely fail to send cards and if I was a betting woman I would put a lot of money on us forgetting the birthdays of their children as well. We just suck like that. If you are the type of person who cares about listening to multiple happy birthday voicemails each year, we probably can't be friends.

**See that incredible slideshow my best friend pulled together for me for my 30th? Yeah...I forgot hers. See? I am the WORST.

13 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

Happy belated Birthday Lisa Lisa! Hope you have a great day today!!!!

Kim Harrington said...

What a cute picture! Happy Birthday Lisa!

Loretta Nyhan said...

OMG, I'm just as bad. It's my parents' anniversary today and I only remembered because of this post. Yeah...

But...Happiest of birthdays to you, Lisa! Yay! I hope you did something nice for yourself yesterday (besides making pot roast).

L

Matthew MacNish said...

Facebook is supposed to remind me about Birthdays. The day of.

Danielle said...

Holy cow! I share a birthday with Lisa Roeker?? You definitely top Evil Knevil (who was also born on October 17)!

I hope you had a great day - happy belated birthday!

Lee Nichols said...

I like when people forget, because it extends the love out for a few more days. Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa! Wishing you a year of delicious treats, wonderful friends, tons of books sold, and time with your family. And...if that family time gives us more blog posts like The Time I Took The Baby To My Drug Test....so much the better.

Happy, happy birthday, my friend.

Marsha Sigman said...

Holy Crap! Is it that time again already?

Happy Birthday, Lisa!

I would like both of you to know mine is June 11th. Gemini, big shocker. I will be expecting a card...

Krispy said...

You didn't forget completely, so that's okay! :)

Happy belated birthday, Lisa!

Unknown said...

Ummm...*someone* is rocking a Swatch sweatshirt, I see. (or perhaps a fake Swatch sweatshirt which is what my mother would have bought me)

And don't feel bad. A few years ago, I forgot my hubby's birthday until 11:30. Then I burst out crying. Then I quit my 60 hour/week high pressure with no rewards job (a.k.a. the reason I was so swamped I forgot his birthday in the first place) the next day.

And happy belated birthday, Lisa.

Jemi Fraser said...

Happy belated birthday Lisa! And don't feel bad, I'm the same. Sadly, it's usually because I have no idea what the date is.

Samantha VĂ©rant said...

Happy belated, Lisa! Wow! We're fellow libras! Mine was the 18th! Bisous

Tara said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Lisa! Have fun at your fancy sisters dinner!!

I was that friend who remembered your birthday at 9:30pm on Sunday and sent a last minute text! I know, a very personal touch. I love you and wish you a wonderful year!

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...