Welcome to hades, my friends. Here's the deal. We've been slacking on edits. MAJORLY slacking.
Here are some of the things we've been doing instead of editing.
1. Internet shopping. Let's just say we both have new boots coming in the mail, Laura has two new scarves and I've even done some early Christmas shopping. Yeah.
2. Cyberstalking. Guilt might have stopped me from actually tweeting, but make no mistake, I've been stalking all of y'all on Twitter. (P.S. I still can't pull off y'all. Crap.)
3. Fall TV. My DVR has been recording so much it's smoking and yet, it's almost empty. Because I'm watching it ALL. So much shame.
4. Lee Nichols. I keep reading her book when I should be editing. And then I feel guilty for reading, so I edit like a paragraph and then I read some more. There's something wrong with me.
5. Dicking around on the internet. You guys, I've been pretend house hunting. That's right. Touring homes that I have no intention of ever buying because I'm procrastinating. Even worse, now Laura is searching for homes and sending me links.
THIS HAS TO STOP.
And you guys get to help.
In order to finish our edits in one week, we need to edit 6,500 words a day. It's a lofty goal, but trust me when I say if you add up all the time we've been spending on the 5 things mentioned above, we'd have finished editing a month ago. Drastic times call for drastic measures, my friends.
And that's where you guys come in.
Every day for the rest of the week we're going to post the number of words we edited the day before. If that number is under 6,500 we'll do something supremely humiliating in a vlog and you, dear reader, will get to suggest and vote on this humiliating act.
So...with the exception of Thursday October 13th (which just happens to be the book birthday of one of our favorite books) our blog posts will be word counts and random jibberish for the next 7 days.
Wish us luck.
I have no idea why these continue to make me laugh so hard I almost pee, but they do. Oh, they do.
Please be warned explicit language and extreme randomness abound.
Happy Columbus Day!
So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...
Now, if that's not the definition of perky, I don't know what is. Okay, let's face it, being perky, like Kelly Ripa perky, e...
1. I have 10 minutes before the kids come home after their last day of school and instead of showering, I'm blogging. This is a terrible...