Thursday, October 13, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of our favorite books, AUDITION by Stasia Ward Kehoe

This is the email I sent to Stasia Ward Kehoe after I finished reading her amazing debut novel, AUDITION:

Oh. My. God. AUDITION is absolutely gorgeous! I have to admit, this is the first novel in verse I've ever read and I wasn't really sure how I'd feel about it going in. I'm not a huge poetry person, but I absolutely loved every single word. I'm in awe of you. Truly. Thank you so much for sharing the book with me. I can't wait to give it to Laura. She's going to LOVE IT!

AUDITION is one of those books you'll devour, but if you're anything like me you'll keep marking pages of passages that you absolutely must go back and re-read. And then you'll have to loan out your dog eared copy to all of your friends because it's one of those books that you finish and then you immediately want everyone else read so you can sit around and obsess over every word.



YOU WILL LOVE THIS BOOK.

YOU NEED TO BUY THIS BOOK.


If you still need to be convinced, WATCH THIS:


Still need convincing? READ the first 5 chapters here.

STILL not convinced? Enter our contest to win one of 3 signed copies that we're giving away. All you have to do is Tweet this:

Dying to read #Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe? Watch the trailer, read an excerpt and enter to win a signed copy! www.lisa-laura.blogspot.com

And leave a comment on this post. And keep tweeting. We'll be selecting winners throughout the day and we'll probably be paying close attention to who seems the most passionate about the book.

So....spread some Audition love and win!!! 

13 comments:

Christine Fonseca said...

I loved Audition! WOO HOO

Loretta Nyhan said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to read this one.

And what an awesome cover!

Matthew MacNish said...

I'm not sure this is really a dude book.

Vivien said...

Awesome! I'm really anticipating this release. I used to be a ballerina and dance major. But my knees gave out :(

tweeted:
http://twitter.com/#!/deadtossedwaves/status/124488035755765761

Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

Raven M said...

I really REALLY want to read this book! The cover is GORGEOUS. Thanks for the giveaway! :)

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/ravenamo/status/124576403164381184

raven.ashley187@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I've been dieing to read this one!!! Hope I win! : )

Sara B. Larson said...

I would LOVE to win this book! Sorry I'm so late to the game, I haven't been able to be on much today because I'm having to do therapy with baby girl all day long for torticollis. :( I could really use a great read to help distract me from all the stress going on right now. All my sisters are dancers (one has a masters in ballet and choreography and one is getting her bachelors in ballet performance right now), so I would love to pass it along to them too. I HOPE I WIN!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this book looks amazing! I can't wait to read it! :)

bookluver1208 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I also tweeted!
http://twitter.com/#!/Bookluver1208/status/124663547442634752

Anonymous said...

Great giveaway. Can't wait to win! :)

Tweeted it here:

https://twitter.com/#!/travelingreadr/status/124683751144960000

- Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

Amber Clites said...

I tweeted! Hope I win *fingers crossed*
http://twitter.com/#!/amberafterglow

Jessica said...

I tweeted! This one sounds really, really good. (@jessyabookobssd)

Julia @ That Hapa Chick said...

THIS IS A NOVEL IN VERSE TOO?!?!?! Gosh it just keeps getting better! Thanks for sharing the awesome book trailer! :D

http://twitter.com/#!/ThatHapaChick/status/125777376759128064

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...