1. I'm scared to talk to other authors. We're trying to schedule a group signing in Chicago sometime in May and asking other authors to join scares the crap out of me. I'm always terrified people are going to see our name and think, "Those losers? No WAY am I associating with them in public."
2. I just watched a commercial for Sonic Hotdogs and thought "YUM."
3. On Saturday the only thing I ingested all day was an enormous burrito bowl from Chipotle.
4. I'm pretty sure if I had to battle someone for a sleeve of Thin Mints Hunger Games style right now, I'd win.
5. I feel bad that almost all of our truths this week are food related which is ironic because I haven't lost a freaking POUND.
6. Sometimes the definition of irony still confuses me a little. Seems like a lot of things I consider ironic aren't technically ironic.
7. My new goal in life is to bring PSYCHE! back into popularity. As in, "Guess what? I decided to make all of Ben's baby food from scratch....PSYCHE!"
Ok, so what's your truth this Tuesday? Spill it in the comments. Actually, don't bother. We're so not interested....PSYCHE!
Thin Mints to perfection and PSYCHE is a must!! Need help??
Seriously those burrito bowls rock.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today :) I love fun birthday celebrations!
psyche would be rad. Also? Our waiter said, "righteous" the other night. Need to bring that back as well.
My truth this morning?
Everyone complains about steroids making them gain weight, but they gave me some Prednisone and I've dropped 5 lbs this week. so, just go tear your rotator cuff and they will hook.you.up. ;)
hang in there, seems like the baby weight always comes off when you stop obsessing about it, you know?
And *you gals* are the authors that people WANT to associate with! :)
"battle for Thin Mints Hunger Games style..." LOL! Can't wait to share that with my girl scouts...
Psyche is such a fun word I agree that it should be brought back into common use.
At first I thought it said "I saw a commercial for Sonic the Hedgehog and thought YUM" and I was more than a little disturbed.
Oh, don't talk to me about food. I've been exercising and eating less and the scale is actually going up! I've finally decided to stop weighing myself every day, it was just too much torture. #scalesareevil
Chicago?? how close are you girls to Chicago?
I am doing a library tour there in June....
1) Chipotle burrito bowls rock 2) I think my daughter was 2-yo before my baby weight came off (way different than my son where the weight came off in 2 days) and 3) If it weren't for the whole being unpublished thing, I'd totally sign w/ you in any city. :)
PSYCHE totally needs to make a comeback.
1. "Working from home today" consists of sleeping in my recliner with the fuzzy slippers and my Blackberry on my lap.
2. I now prefer my pregnancy pillow to any type of spooning.
3. I totally eyed the Kim Kardashian Slim Quick in the back of my pantry yesterday and absolutely considered busting it out after baby.
I need an intervention.
I'll join your psyche campaign if I can bring back radical and tubular. My dream is to have 2011 be a reenactment of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
My youngest turns 4 today & I flaked on gift buying so I ordered everything from Amazon on Saturday with 2 day shipping. Thank goodness for free Prime for moms! Sure hope it arrives today.
I think bringing psyche back is a brilliant idea :)
I still need to bake birthday cupcakes which I will probably gorge myself on because I’m an emotional eater & my baby turning 4 has sent my emotions to Crazy Town.
When my nephew was little, I used to say PSYCHE! all the time. He's 17 now and it's every other word from his mouth.
Needless to say, I love him.
If I were nearby (and had a book out, and all) I would love to sign with you guys. You're fun, real, and Chipotle fans. That's enough for me!
1. I am procrastinating on my latest story like finishing it will mean the death of a puppy.
2. It's my son's birthday today, and I'm hoping the cake leftover from Sunday will be adequate because I don't want to make one.
3. I am unreasonably sad there is no new Glee tonight.
Sadly, I love Sonic hot dogs. But please forget I said that. I'm much less embarrassed to admit that I am also afraid to talk to other authors, and even other bloggers. One of my crit partners is coming to visit soon, and several bloggers are coming into town for the ALA conference, so I'm petrified!
Haha! If anyone can bring Psyche back, I'm sure you can! And you definitely shouldn't be afraid of asking other authors to sign with you because I can't imagine anyone thinking of either of you as losers. You're way too funny and awesome to be losers.
And now I'm hungry. :S
I love Chipotle burrito bowls. Yum!
I'm also afraid of meeting authors and fellow bloggers in Real Life. Most of the time I think I come across better in cyberspace. :P
I just went to an event at Anderson's Books in Naperville, IL (Chicago area) with 4 YA authors. It was really cool to see multiple authors from similar paranormal writing backgrounds. The authors themselves seemed to enjoy the format, maybe a little less pressure on each person. So, if that is any encouragement, I hope you consider reaching out to other authors because it makes for a worthwhile event.
(Also, Anderson's rocks and you should visit them as part of a signing tour!)
The Sonic Chicago dog looks SO good! All those vegetables, I almost don't need the meat. Almost.
1) I want to lose a few pounds and for some reason even the idea of a diet makes me hungry.
2) I am addicted to chewy almond granola bars with almond butter coating. Pretty sure they are really fattening but I tell myself it's ok because it's GRANOLA. How bad could it be?
3) The Sonic hotdogs are YUM. Just sayin'.
4) When we did stop saying 'Psyche'? Must check cool factor.
I gave up all sweet things for Lent and this past Sunday ate 2.5 chocolate covered pretzels of the giant variety & 3 Irish potatoes. And before everyone tells me "You get Sunday's off" I say: I cheated. I enjoyed every bite. I don't think God really cares.
LMAO of the sleeve of thin mints and (as you know) I'm totally there with you! And, like Alanis, I think I know what irony is, but I know I'm wrong. "A black fly in your chardonnay." Total bad luck, not irony. I think.
LOL, keep it up, Lisa you'll get there ;o) We both will!
You never fail to crack me up!
And you totally need that Baby bulllet. Then you could make all your food from scratch and it would be as easy as those infomercials make it look...PSYCHE!
Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse
Oooo - I might join in the fight for the thin mints!!! :)
Freakin' finally! Y'know how long I've waited for you to actually post a random list? Awesome. Here goes.
1. You messed me all up spelling "psyche" the way you did. I've always seen it without the e. Or butchered down to "sike" or "syke". *shrugs*
2. If we ever hang out, you gals should totes remind me to tell you the joke about the foot-tall piano player. You'll LOL. You might even ROFL.
3. If you've heard that one, then remind me to tell you the one about the letter with the terrible handwriting. You'll ROFLYAO. It'll be fun.
4. I had beef stew from a can over rice tonight. I'm living the highlife, fo sho.
8. Oh, BTW, I'm uber-thrilled for you gals that Liar Society's gotten so much exposure. Y'think I should go pink? I dunno. I mean, it might wash out my skin, and that's just awkward.
*. Sike! Psych! Psyche! Syke! Pink doesn't wash out my skin.
(. Sike^2! Yes, it does.
_. Did you know that the carat symbol is used as text notation for a superscript? Bet you didn't. See? I'm educational as well as snarky and random.
+. FYI, I was referring to the ^ when I said "carat symbol". Just in case you didn't get the sike-squared reference.
15. I may have reached a new low, mentioning engineering notation in your comments section. I should just slink away in shame now.
#. *slinks away in shame*
How can I comment after that pure genius Simon? Ugh.
I'll start a petition asking Simon to go pink.
Ha, you and Alanis Morissette. Somebody please tell her that a fly in your soup is not ironic. It's merely gross.
And I mean this in the nicest way. Because Alanis Morissette is awesome. Random: The one and only time in my life I ever used a tanning bed was every day for a month before I went on Spring Break in 1996 and the guy who ran the tanning bed place listened to the Jagged Little Pill CD on repeat EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Oddly, I went out and bought the Jagged Little Pill CD so I could have it on my Spring Break trip.
That's my truth, I guess.
Um...Chicago....NOW!!!! Get your cute very thin buns over here. I will stalk you and bring all my stalky writer friends even if you are flying solo. Okay, I may actually just bring my kids and my one writer friend but that is 4 fans guaranteed!
Post a Comment