Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Morning Dance Party

So I've decided that every Monday we'll post a random song on the blog for you musical enjoyment and I asked Laura if she had any suggestions for this week's post. Here's how that conversation went:


Laura: love this idea!
Laura: how about lucky now by ryan adams
Laura: i love ryan adams
Lisa: all of his songs sound the same to me
Lisa: ooh, that's not bad
Lisa: i haven't heard this one
Lisa: i'll post it
Laura: i love it when i'm right
Lisa: he sounds different!
Laura: it's a new cd
Lisa: way to grow, Ryan Adams
Laura: i also love david grey
Laura: gray?
Lisa: of course you do.
Laura: ALL of my music sounds the same
Lisa: it really does
Lisa: it's like one long sound track of middle child angst
Laura: it really is

So...I decided to post two songs this morning. If you want to spend your entire day in bed, sobbing about your general insignificance in a world full of cruelty and heartbreak, listen to Laura's pick by Ryan Adams.




However, if you plan on being a fully functioning member of society and you've already had at least one cup of coffee here's one of my faves. Ironically, it's a very happy song about being so depressed you don't want to leave your bed.




Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Didn't David Gray sing that Babylon song? I love that song.

Creepy Query Girl said...

Cool. I'll put them on to accompany me as I do my afternoon blogging:)

Stina said...

LOL Who wouldn't want to listen to a happy song about being depressed and not wanting to get out of bed?

Anonymous said...

So, one song for before the coffee brews and one song for after. I approve of this plan.

Christa Desir said...

I love you girls. Please do more conversations between each other. I want to invent a character to have these convos with.

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...