Wow, lots of life lessons learned this week...
1. People found our blog this week by googling "opera tights" and "cameltoe overalls 2009." Nice.
2. This exchange between George Costanza and Newman perfectly sums up my feelings about laundry. Just replace "mail" with "laundry" and "Publishers Clearing House Day" with "time to potty train a two-year-old." Behold:
George Costanza: Let me ask you something... What do you do for a living, Newman?
Newman: I'm a United States postal worker.
George Costanza: Aren't those the guys that always go crazy and come back with a gun and shoot everybody?
Jerry: Why is that?
Newman: Because the mail never stops. It just keeps coming and coming and coming. There's never a letup, It's relentless. Every day it piles up more and more, but the more you get out, the more it keeps coming. And then the bar code reader breaks. And then it's Publisher's Clearinghouse day.
3. You can get a really good bottle of white wine from Target for $10.99. Seriously.
4. Center Stage isn't nearly as entertaining as I remembered it being in college. Is it possible that being hung over made the movie better somehow?
5. It's almost never a good idea to send yourself e-mails. Laura and I often send e-mails back and forth to each other via our joint account, and tonight I sent her an e-mail, and then got really excited when I saw we had a new message in our inbox. When I realized that I had sent the e-mail myself I felt like one of those birds that runs into a freshly cleaned window. Ouch.
6. I hate publishing conferences. BEA most likely means that we'll get no news next week (boo!) and I'm so jealous of all of our writer friends who are meeting up at conferences this summer. We want to play too! Oh well...maybe next year?
7. My e-mail response time is down to like 30 seconds. It's more like instant messaging than e-mailing at this point. Wait do you smell that? Yeah, that's the stench of desperation.
8. My life feels very empty now that all of the season finales are over. Note to the gods of network television: I'm now unemployed. I really need some quality television. Work it out.
9. Confession of the week: Laura and I have never watched Veronica Mars. Rumor has it that we'd really, really like it. We're thinking of doing weekly viewings during nap time at the weekly play date.
10. It's never a good idea to delay beauty treatments. I'm a hot mess right now, and no, I'm not referring to my mental state. We have a wedding this weekend and I've conveniently scheduled any and all beauty appointments for this Saturday. This seemed like a really good idea a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the current reality is that I have eyebrows like Peter Gallagher, 3-inch roots, and a DIY pedicure that's at least a month old. This is seriously not good for the self-esteem. TGIF has a whole new meaning for me this week.
Have a fabulous holiday weekend everyone!
So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...
So when we got wind that the fantabulous Kody Keplinger was organizing something called Agent Appreciation Day, we knew we were in. Not onl...
Since I am the worst tweeter ever, Lisa informed me of the #Speakloudly Twitter campaign that's happening as we speak. It brought b...