10. We're thankful to Frankie for giving us this fabulous award. Honest Scrap? Um, yeah. Maybe a little too honest sometimes.
9. We're thankful for really bad TV including but not limited to The City (Stacey said it best when she told me that her heart starts beating just a little bit faster when she sees a new episode on her TiVo), The Real Houswives of Orange County (that new housewife with the crazy boobs is totally nuts and I can't wait till she goes off the deep end. I give it one more episode.), and 90210 (Say what you will about the sheer ridiculousness of this show but Liam is really, really hot. Just please don't have me arrested, ok?).
8. We're thankful for all the really amazing books we've read this year and all of the really amazing books that we haven't read yet.
7. We're thankful for super ninja beta readers who are about a million times smarter than we are and always help us tell a better story.
6. We're thankful for all of our incredible writing friends, especially those of you who take the time to comment and read our blog every day. You have absolutely no idea how much that means to us.
5. We're thankful for StatCounter. Don't judge.
4. We're thankful for our brand new editor Daniel Ehrenhaft. Not only does he love The Haunting of Pemberly Brown (which clearly earned him some major points) he's also a talented author in his own right. And he's hilarious. As soon as we saw his website we knew this was the start of a beautiful relationship.
3. We're thankful for our fabulous Major Agent (to be said with your best Victoria Beckham accent), Catherine Drayton. Catherine puts up with our random e-mails just to say hi (sometimes we just miss seeing her name in our inbox, ok?), she works her ass off on our behalf, she's insanely responsive and communicative, and she has some truly amazing clients who she's introduced us to over the past 8 months. Honestly, we just feel honored to be part of her world. She rocks.
2. We're thankful for our amazing sister Stacey. You guys have no idea how much crap she's roped into on a day-to-day basis. Need a cute gift to send your editor who just had a baby? Call Stacey. Need someone to video tape your random ass Vlog? Call Stacey. Need someone to watch your kids while you get your eyebrows waxed? Call Stacey. She's the best sister ever and we're not just saying that because she gave us Kindles and took us to the spa.
1. We're thankful for all of the important people in our lives, especially our kids (when they're not actively trying to kill one another), our parents (when they're not trying to guilt us into social events), our husbands (when they're not saying stupid things) and our real life friends (all of the time). We're really lucky to be surrounded by some truly amazing people and we thank God for each and every one of them every single day.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Want to earn yourself some good karma? Niki Smith our uber talented writer/artist friend has a comic, IN MAPS AND LEGENDS, that's being featured in a November contest. Take a minute and follow these instructions to vote for her. Remember, good vibes are contagious.
Have a great thanksgiving. :)
I am thankful for wit and humor. What would the world be without those two friends? :)
OK, now I feel inspired to give thanks on my blog! You girls are amazing and THANK YOU for always being such a source of honesty, inspiration and for just making me laugh in pretty much every post.
Eeeee, I got to hang with Becca last weekend and she was saying how incredible Catherine is too! You're all very lucky to have such a rock star on your side. ; )
I never imagined I could meet such funny, kind, talented, smart, crazy (um, in a good way) sister writer (but not sister-wives) friends online. But I did. And I'm thankful!
I'm thankful for Mr. J, my family and all my writer friends. I am also thankful for Starbucks, corn removers, hot yoga and Crest White Strips.
Wishing the Roecker family a very Happy Thanksgiving! You have much to be thankful for this Holiday season!
Lisa, can't wait to see you tonight!
I laughed so hard at Daniel's website! There could not be a more perfect editor for you girls!!
You are going to have the most fun ever.
There's so much thankfulness going around the blogosphere it feels like Oscar night. Following you to the podium, I'll give this shout-out: I am thankful for meeting so many talented, thoughtful, helpful, funny, witty, creative writers-who-blog. I love my family and friends and always will, but now I have a new circle of people who light up my life--with words. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Thankful for the kindle that led to the leap of crossing that big, crowded party room to finally shake your hand and say hi. :)
have a great Thanksgiving!
I love all of these positive energy posts you're putting out. Your blog is somehow amazingly equal parts snarkily hilarious and inspiringly uplifting. I'm so happy about all of the success you have found and more to come! Keep up the great work girls, and you're welcome for the award!
Hmmmm... Can you share your sister? I need to get my eyebrows waxed! :)
It sounds like it's been a wonderful year for the two of you- I hope this next one is just as great!
I love real amazing books. I have a whole list of them just waiting to be read! Happy Thanksgiving!
Awesome list. You manage to be sweet and still funny--a very delicate balance. I think Twitter would have to be on my list. I really <3 that website. :)
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for your funny, funny selves-- you make the blogosphere a brighter place :)
Totally not judging on the stats thing. Happy Thanksgiving.
YAY! We're thankful for you guys, too :D.
Seriously, what a great blessing it is to have all of these great blogging/writing friends. This network of support is the most amazing thing.
Love to the commenters, too! You guys make this blog even more awesome on a daily basis!
Nice to meet you two!
Curses, my thought wasn't original! ;-)
Nice list, ladies. You guys are the best. Happy Thanksgiving!
OMG, thanks for sharing he Daniel link. He might be my new idol!
I'm thankful for your blog. Because I know I can shout out, "Did you see the cover of this week's UsWeekly? John Mayer is having trouble making up his mind over which hot babe he'll screw over this time?" and you'll completely understand.
Have an awesome Thanksgiving!
Don't worry, I won't judge the StatCounter thing, mainly because it is also my weakness.
I'm thankful for your blog because not only are you two FUNNY, you're also nice to people, complete strangers even. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I think OC women w/crazy boobs are migrating up the coast. I'm starting to feel surrounded. Stop!
Love LOVE reading all these thankful posts. They make my heart happy!
I don't think I'm alone when I say we're thankful for YOU.
Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Raising a glass to you girls from here atop the Rocky Mountains -
have a fantastic holiday!
I'm thankful for your humor and thankful that I found it this year!
Have a great Thanksgiving. :-)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy and treasure the memories :)
I hope you amazing bad asses have a wonderful Thanksgiving. <3
Have a great Thanksgiving, guys! Sadly, Stat Counter is on my list, too. And Starbucks. Lots of Starbucks. :p
Great gratitude list! Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving! And I won't judge you about Liam if you don't judge me about Jacob. (What can I say? The wolf is hot.)
What a great list! Love all the hyperlinks of people, you girls always have some fun stuff to look at!
I think my favorite one was the number 10 because of all the bylines, esp. the husbands-mine says stupid stuff to sometimes! Must be contagious like the good vibes! =D
Happy Turkey Day! i know I put on like 10lbs but it was SO worth it!
So, you guys may or may not want this, but I'm giving you a blog award. You can pick it up here: http://ramblingsofawannabescribe.blogspot.com/2009/11/you-guys-are-making-me-blush.html
Hope you two had a great Thanksgiving. :)
9. So, I went to middle school with Matt Lanter, the actor who plays Liam. He was more on the adorable side back then (he was maybe 5'3 at the time), but he is certainly super hot now and guess what- a very nice guy. Oh and he's atleast 26, so you're safe.
What a great list! I hope you had a great holiday and its always important to remember how lucky we are...
Post a Comment