Behold the random musings of a barely functioning mind!
- It's almost a guarantee when some guy you work with is really condescending and revels in making your work-life a living hell that he's under 5'3.
- Am I the only one who sees the previews for He's Just Not That Into You and thinks of agents rather than men? Yeah, maybe it's just me...
- Speaking of chick-lit turned Hollywood, I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic and was sort of meh on the whole deal. Isla Fisher bugs. Rebecca Bloomwood is a tough character because she's perpetually walking that fine line between charming and annoying, but with Sophie Kinsella's writing she somehow always manages to stay on the charming side. Throw a spastic Isla Fisher into the mix and she veered way into annoying territory. Still worth seeing if you enjoyed the books, but not one of my faves.
- I really have nothing to say about the Academy Awards...boring. Does anyone else think it would have been far more entertaining for them to ask people like LiLo and Britney to do the little nominee speeches? Now that would be an awards show worth 5 hours of your time.
- If they gave out an Oscar for best hair, Connie Britton would win hands down. It doesn't even matter that she's technically a small screen player, Friday Night Lights might as well be an hour-long Pantene commercial.
- Speaking of commercials, anyone else watching the new show, Trust Me? It's like a modern day Mad Men set in Chicago. Very entertaining. I love how they're always dropping Chi-town references. I get a little tear in my eye thinking of my days as a single gal in the city.
Anyways, this is probably going to be my last post for a while. Vacation 2009 officially starts 7:15 AM on Saturday morning and we can't wait. In the meantime I'm stuck in preparing for vacation mode which is a very special form of hell that leaves me wondering if the actual vacation is going to be worth it. I'm sure it will be once I'm finally on the beach with a book. I've got a stack waiting to be packed and I have to admit that I'm pretty excited to a) read something I didn't write and b) being able to read without looking for comma splices.
I'll be back next week with some book reviews and carefully cropped beach shots.