Tuesday, March 31, 2009

When an Agent Calls...

We're back from NYC and we'll be posting pics and highlights shortly...

In the meantime, go check out Elana's fabulous post about getting "the call" (and I'm not just saying that because we were interviewed, there are other far more talented authors than us who contributed) on the QueryTracker blog.

Elana sent me the questions a couple weeks ago and I didn't really think about how she'd be using them when I responded. I mistakenly assumed that she would post a couple of excerpts and that's it, so please enjoy my brutally honest answers and promise not to call child services on me.

5 comments:

Rebecca L Sutton said...

I loved this post - that's how I found your blog! I laughed so hard at the lollipop part. That is SO something that would happen when you have kids. I appreciate the extra chuckle I got out of your candid explanation of the agent call. I'm still praying for one to come my way soon!

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and post on your trip to NYC. How exciting!Love your blog ladies!

Sara Raasch said...

Weeee you're back! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Katie Anderson said...

Ummm Let me just say that I barely skimmed your post because I was on someone else's blog and saw y'all's cute face and typically HILARIOUS comment and thought, "Man, I miss them!"

So I cruised on over to say hi! Can't wait to hear about your killer trip to the big apple.

Elana Johnson said...

*inserting evil laugh here* mwa, ha ha!

PurpleClover said...

I LOVED IT! I also keep a bag of lollipops in the cabinets for "emergency" phone calls...lol.

As for the kid screaming in the crib and locking self in bathroom with phone and laptop, I've done both of those (including turning on the fan to drown out son beating down door).

LOVE IT! You guys are awesome!

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...