Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Chucking St. Patrick's Day!


Say what you will about Gossip Girl, but it's rarely boring. Sadly, last night was an exception. Meh. I couldn't even dig up a decent Chuck Bass quote.

At least today is St. Patrick's Day. Not that I really care, but it's something. And it made for good conversation on the way to preschool this morning.

Jack: Mommy, why are all those people wearing green and walking around?
Me: It's St. Patrick's Day. They're celebrating.
Jack: They have ice cold beers. (Please note, Ken taught him this terminology)
Me: Uh, yeah, there's usually beer involved.
Jack: Green beer? (Ok, now Ken is in BIG trouble.)
Me: Sometimes.
Jack: But beer is yucky. I'm too little for beer, right?
Me: (Relieved) Right.

Good times.

Sort-of-Irish things I plan on doing today:
  • I ate a green shamrock cookie for breakfast. Don't judge.

  • Tried to dress the kids in green, but sadly they weren't feeling the luck of the Irish today.

  • I'm making corned beef and cabbage cooked in Guiness for dinner - doesen't get more festive than that, right?

  • Posting a picture of Chuck Bass wearing a shade of green on our blog. It doesn't sound like much, but it's really hard to find Chuck Bass wearing anything besides purple.

Aside from that I plan on going to the gym and then doing the absolute bare minimum of actual work that I need to do to not get fired from my real job. And then maybe I'll have a Guiness to celebrate. I mean, that's a full day, right? Happy St. Patty's everyone!

1 comment:

Sara Raasch said...

Wooo Patty's Day!

Haha, your son knows far more about green beer than I did. Do. Er...

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...