This is our 200th post! Big milestone people. And while many (far cooler) bloggers than ourselves host contests and give away prizes, we've decided to go the sentimental route and share our top 5 favorite posts with our dear readers.
I honestly can't believe we've come this far and I can't believe how much further we have to go. Thanks a lot, Laura. When we first came up with this brilliant idea you said it must be really easy to get a YA book published because half of what you read in your class room was total crap. Hi-larious in retrospect...
Ok, drumroll please...
And the Top 5 Blog Posts are:
5. Our very first post. So optimistic, no naive, we'd never been rejected and we thought we were literary geniuses. Need I say more?
4. The night I decided to CALL an editor. Umm...this is the worst idea ever. Thank God the Flirty Girls turned out to be so cool. And they now have their submissions guidelines posted on their website, so there's no excuse to pick up the phone.
3. My 30th B-day post and Laura's response (including a truly embarrassing picture). Two of our quintessential random blog posts. You really never know what you're going to find over here and for that, I apologize.
2. The timeline of the terrible Christmas gifts. This one will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm sure Ken will love to read it someday...
1. Announcing our agent! Ok, this one was really hard to choose. I was so close to choosing the post right after the inauguration, or maybe one of Laura's celeb poems, or even remembering Mike, but in the end the agent post had to win because it's pretty much the most exciting thing that has happened to us in...well...EVER.
Happy 200th Blog Post everyone!