Wednesday, November 12, 2008

10 Reasons I'm pissed off today...

10. My hair is still maroon looking and I get a lot of puzzled "compliments" along the lines of "Oh, you changed your hair. That's fun. It's so different." Awkward.

9. I forgot my flip flops in my gym bag today, so I had to shower barefoot. (Did you hear something? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was my mother shrieking in terror as she's reading this) Sure, I could have just skipped my shower, but it came down to a choice between risking some sort of foot fungus or showering and getting ready with Jack and Mia clawing at each other inside the bathroom the entire time. I truly believe I chose the lesser of two evils here.

8. I have to write something about how the economic environment should inspire you to buy human resource effectiveness consulting. Any ideas? Yeah, me neither.

7. Don't tell Laura, but it's possible that I sent a partial requested by a HUGE agent to the wrong e-mail address. I know, I know, but it's not as bad as it sounds. They have two e-mail addresses, one for queries and one for requests and I mistakenly responded to her e-mail requesting, so it went to the wrong address. At least it was only sent a couple of days ago...*ducks*

6. We're in the process of editing the book based on some suggestions we've received from agents that want us to resubmit and they have significantly improved the book. So frustrating that we have all of these fulls and partials out to agents that are the old version. I'm officially depressed.

5. Have you heard? The publishing industry is about to implode. I'm so happy we chose right this moment to attempt to get our first novel published. Awesome timing.

4. Mia just woke up from her nap. She slept approximately 45 minutes. Ouch.

3. I'm tired and crabby. I've been staying up late to work on edits and do actual work for my actual job (ha!). I know I need to go to bed earlier, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day...Sure, I could cut out tv, but what is a life without tv? A life without the emaciated cast of 90210 and that uber annoying new NARC character? A life without another episode where nothing happens on the Hills? A life with out the Real Housewives of Atlanta and the crazy country singing lady who spelled cat "k-a-t?" No thank you.

2. My house looks like a bomb went off in it and I have no desire to clean up at all. I wonder if other moms go through phases where they just don't feel like doing mom stuff AT ALL. I'm so sick of going to the grocery store, cooking dinner, picking up toys, breaking up fights, doing laundry and etc. When we were little Laura and I would talk about my mom behind her back, wondering why she was always in a bad mood and trying to figure out why she had kids in the first place. In retrospect, she had a full-time job and 3 daughters calling her throughout her entire workday screaming things like "Laura dumped my entire underwear drawer out the window!" and "Stacey ate the entire box of Ho-Ho's in one sitting and now there's no food." Karma is a bitch.

1. Our inbox is remaining stubbornly empty and it's driving me slowly insane. DAMN YOU HOTMAIL. DAMN YOU TO HELL.

End rant.

2 comments:

casiecook said...

I have to comment on Real Housewives of Atlanta and gloat about how incredibly honored I am to live in "The Black Hollywood." Kim's voice makes me feel like Carrie Underwood. And can somebody please reveal who in the hell Big Papa is???

Anonymous said...

these are the days we wish we could just clone ourselves x3 and let our clones do all the work!!!

PS stop worrying about your hair it is so damn cute!

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...