Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The woman of my dreams, Michelle Obama

Ok, I need to start off by saying that I have a non-sexual crush on Michelle Obama. I mean, I think we can all agree that she's pretty amazing. She's extremely intelligent, a high powered career woman, and an unbelievable mother. And of course it always helps that she's totally gorgeous and has incredible fashion sense. I love that she mixes designer pieces with things off the rack from J.Crew and White House Black Market. It gives hope to those of us without the clothing budget of the GOP.

Anyways, Obama gave one of the most inspirational speeches in modern history, but I couldn't help but sort of hate Michelle's dress. I considered writing about it last night, but it just seemed too soon. While I hate to be some sort of fashion killjoy, after looking at pictures again this morning I can remain silent no longer. I admit that I might have been a little biased against black and red combos as a result of some poor wardrobe decisions I made back in 1989. Bottom line: love the message, love the lady, hate the dress. Call me shallow for caring, it won't be the first time.

No comments:

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...