Monday, July 20, 2009

Best. Monday. Ever.

So, I should not have been surprised last night when I got a phone call from my sister Stacey saying that she had a surprise for Laura and I. Stacey is always surprising us with something thoughtful and fun, which makes us feel like thoughtless bitches.

Perfect example is when Stacey got preggers and bought me a present. I had been lusting after this grey cashmere dress from Banana and she just wanted an excuse to buy it for me. Typical Stacey.

Anyways, today she had surprises for us that we had to open at the exact same time. Our first guess was a book deal. We thought perhaps Major Agent had found Stacey's contact info on the interwebs and gave her a ring to tell us about a major auction going down because she wanted us to hear about it in person.

Um...no.

Instead, Laura and I unwrapped two brand new, shiny Kindles!!!

Can you believe it!? We are so excited we can barely contain ourselves. I've spent the better part of my day downloading books and blog subscriptions. Honestly, this is pretty much the best surprise ever. Well, aside from the whole book deal thing.

Thanks, Stacey and Erik! You guys rock.

16 comments:

Sarah Wylie said...

Wow, what an awesome sister! Have fun with your Kindles. And about the book deal? Well, you have to save something for tomorrow!

Tess said...

I think Stacey is a long lost cousin...yes, I'm sure of it. Please send her my way. I could use that kind of lovin' :D

Christina Lee said...

extreme jealousy going on right now!!!! I LONG for one-you'll have to let me know how you like it!!!:)

Elana Johnson said...

Awesome! Do you think Stacey would be my sister too? :)

Danyelle L. said...

You have an awesome sister, but you probably already know that. :D I was so excited when I saw the title of this post. I thought it was a book deal for sure. Ah well, that's what tomorrow's for. :)

lisa and laura said...

I just realized how misleading our post title was...oops. Oh well, it really was a good Monday. I'm guessing that if we ever sell the book there will be four letter words in the title. Classy.

And as for Stacey, we are beyond lucky. She's just one of those insanely generous people. We love her, and yes you can all borrow her if you're having a rough day. We charge by the hour.

Sherrie Petersen said...

How very cool! I have yet to touch one of those things. Do you like it?

Little Ms J said...

How thoughtful! She sounds like one of my favorite kind of Christmas people - the kind that get so excited about buying gifts because they just love to get things that people they love will just love! I bet she has a box of wrapping stuff too, hm?

Katie Anderson said...

Holy macaroni!!!!!!!! That Stacey rocks HARD! What kind of sister is this? A strange hybrid sort.

I heart Stacey. Can't wait to hear about the Kindle.

Tara said...

Nice work Stacey!!!

Two new Kindles - Stacey and Erik just moved to "best sister & brother-in-law in the world" status!

Can't wait to play around with your new Kindle!

Jeannie Lin said...

ooh...pretty. Does Stacey always have to buy two of everything when she gives you gifts? Poor girl!

JennyMac said...

L&L: I just got this on Sunday from hub for bday. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Congratulations and what an awesome thoughtful sister.

Kelly H-Y said...

Now that is one awesome sis!!!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

sweet! and you are complaining about my night in a hotel. shame on you ;)

Stacey said...

I'm getting way too much credit here. The truth is, the Kindles were a re-gift. If I actually read a book in my life, or even planned to read one in the future, I would have kept it for myself. Lisa and Laura received the perks of a company gift and an illiterate sister...enjoy.

lisa and laura said...

Don't be fooled. Stacey is the most generous person on the planet. And modest too.

Is anyone else starting to doubt if she's actually related to us?

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...