Friday, July 24, 2009

It's Mother Effin' Friday

Yeah, I'm running out of F-words to use for the titles of my Friday posts. Deal with it.

Here's what we've learned this week:

1. Jon Gosselin is a hot topic. We've had some hilarious hits based on our D-Bag-O-Meter post. My favorite is too crude to post, let's just say the googler in question thought Mr. Gosselin was *ahem* not measuring up. Other favorites include "shame on Jon Gosselin" and "Jon Gosselin is such a jerk." Let me just say that I'm proud to be the owner of a blog dissing The Gosselin. I mean, dude, put the Ed Hardy AWAY. Seriously. I think the new tagline for Ed Hardy should be: "Ed Hardy, dressing Douche Bags everywhere." You're welcome for the genius advertising idea, Ed.

2. Note to self, when posting parts of the WIP for critique, request anonymous comments. We're thinking that you guys are WAY too nice to rip us apart on a public forum, but we'd love super honest feedback on our first page from our awesome writerly friends. Anyways, if you're inclined to give us some constructive crits, feel free to comment again. Or maybe we'll post a revised version in a few weeks.

3. Agent vacations are good for writing. We've FINALLY started something new and managed to finish the first 50 pages all because of Major Agent's vacay. We missed her (a lot), but I think knowing that we probably wouldn't be getting any news while she was out helped take the pressure off and got our creative juices flowing again.

4. It feels good to be writing again. Did I mention this last week? If so, it bears repeating. I forgot how fun it is to write a chapter and ship it off to Laura. I forgot how exciting it is to open my e-mail and see that Laura has vastly improved one of my chapters and added a shiny new one of her own. I just love it so much. I think for a while our burning desire to get published made us forget why we started writing in the first place. We love it. Love it. Love it. Love it.

5. 6 days, 2 hours and 40 minutes until D-Day. D-Day = the last day of camp. That means that Jack and I will be together unchaperoned (unless you count his sister, Mia. I don't.), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 36 days. This will be the first time since he was 12-weeks-old that we've had this much quality time together. I'm really not sure how this is going to go, but I know one thing for sure. It won't be pretty. I need to get Nanny 911 on speed dial stat.

And that's all she wrote for this week. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Christina Lee said...

haha -I am soooo sick of seeing the Ed Hardy shirts. burn 'em, burn 'em all!Oh, and give yourself some more credit on the writing- everyone just liked it! have a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

#6:

I was just telling a friend (stay at home mom) that really, no... really, I was a much better "side dish" to my three little girls than a "full meal."

Ack. stay safe. BTW my word verification is novel. I am not kidding.

Elana Johnson said...

It does feel good to be writing again. Sometimes we let the other stuff bog us down. So yay for vacay! That's a rhyme. Hey, you guys should do a whole post that rhymes, and not one of those Hollywood ones. Just like a blog post in verse. Hey, maybe *I* should do that. Nah, I'm nowhere near talented enough.

Sarah Wylie said...

Ugh, even thinking that Gosselin guy wears me out. Actually, I've started to feel rather sorry for him lately, because I genuinely think something's wrong with him. Like, something serious.
Have a good weekend!

Sherrie Petersen said...

When I first saw the title of your post I was worried that the slumber party didn't go so well -- I'm glad to see that's not the case!

I'm glad the writing is going well. In fact, I'm done with blogging for the day and off to write myself. Have a good weekend!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

jon and kate get on my nerves.

Anonymous said...

LOL I loved your title today!

So great to hear writing is going awesome and how well you two work together! Hooray for vacay indeed!

Def. have some fun and yes, post page one for us to get a glimpse! Love to see that!

Danyelle L. said...

You both are so awesome! I never leave your blog without a smile. Yay for writerly enthusiasm!

Katie Anderson said...

Hello my dears. I have nothing to add.

So glad to hear your WIP is rolling along!

xoxo

Jen said...

I had the same thought about the Ed Hardy shirts. The company must be so upset that such a DB is constantly parading around in his shirts. I wonder if they've contacted Jon and tried to pay him to NOT wear the shirts. This can't be good for business

Little Ms J said...

I can't even give Jon any more of my brain or eyeball time. He disgusts me.

Love that you guys are taking the WIP by storm! Good luck and have a great weekend with your Twizzlers and ideas. I'm not going to tell you to eat a hot dog for your homegirl, because I just can't roll like that. Sorry.

I'm off to get ready for stripper school. No lie. I'm going to learn how to slide down a pole for my friend's birthday. Word. Her husband was excited and asked where they were going to put the pole he's buying. Mine? "What's the point of this class? I don't understand." Sigh. Men.

Kimberly Derting said...

I'm glad I read this post, just to get to LMJ's comment, because I never thought I'd have occasion to say these words together: Have fun at stripper class!

And glad the WIP is going so smashingly (I'm feeling a little British today).

confused homemaker said...

came by way of JennyMac & I thought that was the tagline for those shirts. Since I've never meet a guy who wasn't a D-bag wearing them.

Don't call this a comeback

So it’s been a minute. Or 10. Or truthfully more like 2,102,400. At least we think that’s how many minutes there are in 3 years, but let...